Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Complete Randomness...

Today is a random day. I don't know why, but my brain won't really stick to one train of thought for very long.

Let me start off by saying that yesterday I went in for my NST, which I barely passed, but as I had an appt already scheduled with perinatology and nst's again on friday, they let me go home instead of making me come back again today or tomorrow. I went in happy and came out in a rather foul mood. I don't know why... just one of those things I guess. And abby just spilled milk everywhere... brb. Ugh, I think today is going to be a stinky day too. Anyway, maybe I was grouchy when I came out yesterday because it took two stinking hours for them to do my test and let me go.

So there we are, driving home, and Cory says "I'm going to try to beat 5 o'clock", which made absolutley no sense to me, which is fine I guess, because half the things he sys don't make sense to me. Oh well, I live with it and just move on. Apparently we were trying to beat 5 o'clock by getting to the Salt Lake County Animal Services before they closed. I had called this shelter twice before while looking for Domino, and they had been closed. Once because I called like 5 minutes too late, and the second occasion because they were out doing pet adoptions at the petsmart. We pulled into the parking lot maybe 5 minutes before 5, and Cory went inside. Much to my surprise, he came back outside maybe 3-5 minutes later and gave me a thumbs up.

In we all went then, and I ventured back to the cage Cory said was holding our puppy, just to make sure it was really him. Oh my goodness! You'd have thought he was going to jump out of his skin when I caled his name and he turned round and actually saw me, which is funny, because when Cory had gone back and Domino saw him, he just kind of wagged his tail and hung his head like "Alright, you found me, can I come home now?"

I got to ride the rest of the way with an overexcited, very hairy dog on my lap, which I endured because the girls were happy enough to jump out of their skin as well. It at least made me feel loved that the dog wasn't letting me out of his sight after we got home. I felt bad though, he was kind of jumpy, which tells me he had a rough few weeks out there.

The official story was that someone had him and had brought him in just this last week on the 29th, and they had just run the trace on his microchip, which had never been updated by the place we got him from :/ yah, kind of upset about that. Anyway, they gave him his last set of puppy shots and his rabies vaccine, which we had been trying to find a reasonably priced vet in the area to administer just before he disappeared. So for the low low price of $72 we got the dog out of jail, complete with shots.

Jump to last night. I was in and out of sleep all night having contractions. No real pattern to them so they're not actual labor contractions, but they suck all the same, because they hurt. This morning I find myself sick to my stomach and tired as all get out, and of course the girls want to go out and play with the dog but there's no way I'm hiking to the park or anything.

Oh fun, here comes another contraction. It's wierd feeling all your muscles tense up and not be able to do anything about it except wait it out. I've decided I'm officially at the point I'm ready for this kid to come out!

Okay, done with my complaining I think. Possibly. I promised Michelle a recipe, and I'm just going to post it here for all to benefit by. We convinced Cory to try this recipe out last night, and it is super easy, kid friendly, and actually pretty yummy. These are the easiest Peanut Butter Cookies I've ever seen. For those of you afraid to venture into cookie making with your kids... give this one a try. You can beat me later if it proves too much of a mess, but humor me and try it anyway.

You need:
1 Cup Peanut Butter (I liked the smooth)
1 Cup Sugar, plus a little more for rolling
1 Egg

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together all ingredients in mixing bowl.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Put some sugar on a plate and roll cookie balls in it to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cokie sheets.

Press each ball down with a fork to make crisscross design. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies just start to brown on the edges. Remove fromoven and let cool on wire racks.

Yes, we all loved them... especially the girls, who happen to love peanut butter, probably just because it has the word butter in it's name. Anyway, I'm done. I think I'll go be sick now. Enjoy the cookies! Let me know how it goes for you... I need a cute kids story... especially since mine aren't being so cute right now.

3 comments:

ANeibaur said...

I have to say your pics are beautiful. Great job! :D
Other then that... hang in there sweety. We seem to be grouchy over here to. I think its virus that must have leaked out. Although I must say that you have a lot more to be grouchy about. Your almost done with the preggo and soon it will have all been worth it to hold your little girl. :D

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Random, indeed . . . but I think there is method to the randomness. Everything will fall into place when you have little Madison.

Thank you so much for the recipe!

And I'm happy you got your puppy back! We still need to see him!

Mmmm, dreaming about garlic bread...

Anonymous said...

Yay for random! And double yay for the returned puppy!! What wonderful news. *hugs for puppy to pass on to whole family*