Thursday, October 9, 2008

False Alarm

I was so excited last night; Cory and I thought we were going to be going in to have a baby. After 3 straight hours of hard contractions though, things started to calm down a little bit. Dang it! Oh well. There is always tomorrow I guess.

Today I am to sit and do nothing, as per Cory, and now I am trying so desperately to ignore the sink full of dishes that I put off from last night. Hey, at least my living room is still clean... that should make me happy, right? And I did manage to get a suitcase packed for the girls.

Anyway, I still feel kind of... well, wierd, so I have the suspicion that things aren't going to be going for too much longer on my end here. Well, as long as I keep feeling this way and the contractions don't change back being fake ones, that is.

We are all sitting here cuddled up and watching The Curious George movie, which btw is super cute. I think I'll be going and go cuddle with my little Zoe bear some more. We'll keep everyone posted.

5 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I love the Curious George movie, too. It's the reason I fell in love with Jack Johnson.

Um . . . I'm glad you didn't have her yet. It's still a little early, isn't it?

PLEASE keep us informed!

Derico Photography said...

Actually, they wanted to deliver me between 35 and 37 weeks, so it would be perfect if this all happened on my own instead of having to be induced at this point.

ANeibaur said...

Sounds like your getting close, I bet your excited to have it over with and to be able to hold your precious little girl! :D Keep us updated! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Eep! That went from weeks to days in a hurry. Hope you are still resting well today. Definitely good luck resisting those dishes and any other temptations to overstrain yourself! Every time they distract you, see if Zoe can keep you busy with her champion hugs.

Yes, please do let us know as soon as she's join the big world. Remember, pictures or it didn't happen!

Derico Photography said...

Oh, there will definitely be pictures... no one need worry about that ;)