
Yep, you see that right. The next step in the weight loss battle.
We have successfully implemented activity into our lives, even a little working out. While we have been trying to eat healthier for a while, we always seem to miss the mark. Cory's boss (and his boss' wife) have been a good influence on him. They are both on the weight watchers program, and making drastic changes in their lives.
How on earth could we afford to join weight watchers?!? We can't! So, I googled it of course ;) I found a wealth of information this morning, and both Cory and I are super excited to get started and actually know we are eating what we should be eating... or at least getting better at it.
So what's with all the points? There are points assigned to every kind of food you can think of. But how much am I allowed to eat? Found that on google too: http://www.ehow.com/how_
I officially hate men! When calculating how many points they can eat per day, they get to start off with 8! Women only start with 2. UGH! Oh well. Anyway, in case any of you want to try it with me (nudge, nudge) here is an awesome link to a list of food points
Anyway, I was excited to see how many yummy things are a point or less! I can totally do this! I'm excited to combine this with working out.
On a side note, we're having a birthday party for Zoe and Cory, Sunday, the 14th at our home in West Valley. Late afternoon. I'll be sending out email invites hopefully by tonight or tomorrow, but save the date on your calendars!


7 comments:
It really is about a transition to a completely different mindset and different lifestyle, isn't it? Maybe that's why it is so hard: We have to change who we are on every level to get the desired results.
Now details, details...
Women only get to start off with 2 points per day? Pppfh. There goes my interest in the program. Having to restrict to a fourth of what the household is eating is not fair. (Nor physiologically supportive, if you want to use fancy words.) That would pretty much be limited to water and a half cup of dried apples. Not happening. If you manage to make it work, let me know how!!
LOL! No, no,no... I don't get to eat two points, actually my number is 28 per day. The first step in calculating how many you can have is whether you are male or female... males start with 8 and add from there according to height, weight, age and activity level. Women start with 2 points and add according to all those other things :) I would die if I could only eat two points worth of food every day!
Still, it seems unfair. Men get paid more, get better jobs, AND start out with more food points? Seriously, I thought we'd come farther in the equality battle. ;)
We will for sure be there for the bday party!
And that weight watchers program looks good... I might consider it, I know I should eat better, even though I made a resolution this year not to plan any diets because of how busy I am, but I know it's needed. LOL it was a stupid resolution anyways. :P
Way to go Meghan!
You inspire me! Oh and we will probably be picking up wii fit plus soon, considering how cheap it is for us because we already have wii fit... is that something we can do together?? Like an online thing? That would be cool! Chat with me k!
HUGS!
Yes, Alyse, you can play with friends online... I am not sure which games, but with the plus, there is an option to connect the game with your internet. I could be wrong, but the expansion pack for to make it the wii fit plus is super affordable, like under $20.
As far as a diet, it's really not a diet... it's a change in lifestyle. I think I should do another post for everyone. Really, the "points" just represent how many calories we should be eating per day. That is why it is really the only "weight loss program" to have stuck. It's also one of the few that is actually backed by doctors. Up till recently, it's just been unavailable to the general public that is not signed up with the actual company. With the internet and a little research, you can now get all the information the actual members get... just no support groups, which is another major reason people do good on it, because they are doing it with a group. Also, now instead of saying eat whatever you want up to your amount of points, they recommend which food will help you get the most nutrition out of what you eat, so it's not 26 points of all ice cream or chocolate ;)
Aaaaaaaah! The point system makes much more sense now. Silly me.
Thanks for explaining. ;->
I'm not going to burst your bubble - weight watchers might really work for you -- it has for lots of people. But it's not my top choice for "diets". There's a great book called Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Furhman that explains some things about nutrient density etc. It's amazing - changed my life! Anyway, for curiosity's sake I looked up how many points I would get: 24. Happy weight watching. You can do it!!
Post a Comment