Friday, February 26, 2010

A week of work

I have really been at a loss for words this week. Nothing spectacular has happened, and nothing bad. That's a good thing though right?? We're all here, we're all doing good. I have been busy with anything and everything. I've been gathering upwards of 100 pictures to resize so I can update my website. I knew I had a lot of business this last year, but it hit home when I sat at the computer for an entire day picking the best of the best and resizing them. I didn't even get to the thumbnail sizes... I just got the main images resized. So I look forward to taking down some of the meh pictures from my site and getting some of our girls pictures off and getting actual clients up. I also spent the day yesterday re-working my entire pricing list. It really was difficult for me because I still want to make myself accessible for the general public, but I was also finding occasions where my time was being taken advantage of... mainly for infant sittings and weddings. Hopefully, the new prices will remedy that.

Today I am *SUPPOSED* to be cleaning. We have a realtor coming over tomorrow afternoon to meet with us and see what he thinks our house would sell for. If it is workable, we want to sell the house and look for a bigger one in a neighborhood with younger families that is inexpensive... like maybe a foreclosure or even an auction (though, we have done some research and auctions seem kind of tough). One bathroom for five people, four of which are female, is just not working out. My main complaint about this house (other than the bathroom) is that when I have clients come in for studio shots, I have to set them up in our living room or dining room (which is like three steps away from the living room). It just seems so unprofessional to me, and it genuinely bothers me. That said, we need to find somewhere that has a basement that is either already finished or close to being finished. Our basement has been framed... partially. But there is honestly no way we can get it finished while we are all living in it.

So, my parents have agreed to let us return to their basement, if indeed we get to the point where we actually sell the house, where we can attempt to scour the market this time around, and find something that will work for us better. We may all go a little more insane, but I think, or at least I hope, that we will all have a better understanding of each other and have some ground rules laid down.

And that, is basically everything. It was surprisingly more than I thought I'd have to say. Nothing really monumental... still waiting to hear what the next step will be. I'll be sure to update everyone when we know if this is something we are going to pursue or not. Until then, have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on resizing all those pictures! Look forward to seeing your website updated with them.

Browsing through my files last year, I realize I have dozens upon dozens of photos for events, but precious few family pictures of Jesse and I together. Need to take some inspiration from you, Alyse, and Michelle to get better at that so there is something to add to the walls.

And wow! Yet another friend moving. Best wishes with that!! With how much I hate moving, I really better not offer advice. Maybe talk to Katy about how their experiences with selling in the current market are? I will say that there are a couple houses just down the street that have for sale signs in their yard. Would happily have you for neighbors. *hinthint* ;->

Wish I could claim the same about not writing because nothing much is happening. I've things to write about. A few were even halfway written before I hit "Meh" and found a distracting shinny. Good for you writing even when you don't think you'll have much to write about!

ANeibaur said...

Yay for all the clients!
And yay for bigger houses!
Since I have already talked to you, all I have to say is YAY!
Loves!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, that is so great about the house if it works out! It would be great for you to have your own studio in a room dedicated just for that!

Glass Dragon said...

Good luck with the house! My sister got hers from a forclosure for a very nice price. I know someone who tried to auction her house and she said it was a nightmare, but that was on the selling end. I have no idea what it's like on the buying end.

Stephanie J said...

If you're willing to put in the effort, you can get a great house... but one of my friends waited for 6 months for a REPLY on a short sale... geez! It can really drive you mad.

Midvale is alright - you might be able to find a house here like we did. We were really blessed - 4 bedrooms plus my studio. 1800 sq feet and most of it finished.

Hope it goes well with all the house stuff. There's nothing worse than feeling cramped month after month!