Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Imagine my surprise

(Courtesy of Google Images)




For the last week Cory has been not so subtly telling me I need to workout. Yes, I have been a super bad girl and haven't worked out for about a week and a half. Now, that doesn't mean I have sat on my behind doing nothing either. We had a new realtor come out to the house, a birthday party to prepare, Cory's wisdom teeth out, a table display including several new display prints of my photography for an event... and about a million other things not really worth mentioning.

So, I posted about the birthday cake, which by the way, I did really good about not scarfing down the next day or even the day after that, and no, I still haven't edited any pictures from that yet... sorry guys, but I swear I will get to it! We had lots of fun with family and friends and we missed all those who were unable to attend. We will just have to catch you next time.

As for the realtor, we finally got a really great person! Chris is her name, and realty is her game. She is so funny! She helped my brother Bill find his house when they moved up here from California, and she's been trying to help my brother Nathan and his wife as well now that they are here from Idaho. When I introduced myself to her over the phone, I thought she was on the verge of jumping through the phone to give me a bear hug! Anyway, she did all the research and came out to meet with us and go over all the options. It looks like we will be finishing the basement for now, and hopefully in another year or two, we will be able to get back enough from the house so we can not just be free and clear, but have enough money for a nice down payment on the next house. We even went over options as far as getting a loan audit and modification, which might save us some money as well. Our stupid mortgage company (Chase, whom we hate with a passion) seems to have first lost our initial escrow account, and has now magically found it (thanks to the loan audit we threatened thanks to Chris' wonderful advice) so hopefully they will have to refund us all the money we had to pay them when they increased our monthly payments (even though we have a set rate) because of their supposed mix up. They are seriously mistaken if they think I will remain the nice party if they don't fix it. I know, you are all laughing now because you are aware of mean customer service Meghan. As Cory would say, oh well... they had their chance.

Speaking of Cory, he had his top two wisdom teeth removed last week. His wisdom was a long time in coming and as the doctors have told him his bottom teeth will never come in, I have suggested to him I now have proof he is a half-wit. Hahaha, okay, I do still love you sweetie. He is doing good, actually... much better than I thought he would. He was a very good sport about everything because even though he is afraid of needles, he manned up and had local anesthetics in place of being put under since we didn't want to spend an additional $250 for the difference in procedure. Anyway, he survived the weekend on the broth from a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle soup, jello, and my new favorite, a frozen yogurt made (it think) by bryers or dryers that is low in fat, sugar, and comes with live cultures in it. I recommend tart mango and peach (though the mango was my favorite).

I had a lot of fun making the biggest print I have done with my photography so far. I had a 20x24 print made up of baby Bailey Grace (if you remember her) and it looks awesome, even if I do say so myself. I will have to put up a mini picture of it later. I then had it mounted and had a texture added to it, which I've never done before. LOVE it! It made huge difference. Anyway, our stake had a variety show/talent night, and instead of just doing the show, they had several rooms set up with booths for people arts & crafts. Nothing beats free advertising, so I was all over that!

I got an email this morning from an old friend of mine from San Diego now living in Pennsylvania that wants me to come out to cover her wedding for hr in mid October. As soon as the first payment comes in, I'll be pricelining it up and getting my tickets. I am super excited! Other than the wedding much later this year, I also did a missionary portrait for my parents, I have a baby session this weekend, and a family for my march/april special.

Tomorrow we have the neighborhood cleanup program dropping off a huge dumpster in front of our house and in 9 other locations throughout our little neighborhood. Cory is taking off work tomorrow to get things sorted out and thrown away, and hopefully within the next few weeks we will try our hand at another yard sale to purge ourselves of the crap. Anybody want to come buy my crap? LOL.

So, back to the beginning, I told Cory I was afraid to get back on the Wii because I HAD to have gained weight and it was going to yell at me and tell me I am fat. Well, I bucked up and got my fat behind on it anyway, and although it reminded me it has been a while since it saw me last, my weight had gone down! Holy crap! Go me! Inspired, I threw in a load of much needed laundry and spent almost an hour on the elliptical after a short yoga stretch/warm up on the Wii. I felt a little sick to my stomach since I had about three cups worth of broccoli topped with a deli slice of Havarti cheese on it just prior to working out, but boy do I feel better now!

3 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Wow, busy busy busy! You constantly amaze me with how much you are able to get done. :)
Glad that Cory wisened up and had his wisdom teeth out. He is much braver then I am, as I needed to be put completely under for normal fillings. Eesh.
Way to go shedding more pounds even when you weren't working out. With how busy you have been I bet it more then made up for it. :)
Surprisingly brocoli sounds really yummy right now... I am so shocked that I am even saying that, but I crave the veggies lately. LOL Smothered in ranch of course, but it's a step forward. :)
*HUG*

Michelle D. Argyle said...

YAY for losing weight! It really does make a difference when we start eating right and focusing on things that don't drive us to chocolate and sugar, hehe.

So glad Cory's doing okay and you're feeling good!

Anonymous said...

Busy woman. Eep! And double "Whoohoo!" for losing weight. Sounds like you must be doing a lot right.