Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our New Addition


I was so excited on Friday when I opened up my email and there was a notice from walmart site to store that my new camera had arrived! I had to keep myself busy all day and try not to think about it too much, because Cory had the car at work and was planning on picking the camera up for me on his way home. Let me just say, compared to the D40X, this thing is a bit like jumping behind the controls of a space shuttle... there is a button for EVERYTHING! And it weighs a ton! That ought to be good for working out my arms! Today was ward conference... pretty boring church day. So in the afternoon I got out all my cake stuff and started baking cakes. I made a run to the store for some fresh flowers once I had all the dirty icing and then fondant on my tiers, and had a blast spending my evening decorating a wedding cake... something I haven't done for 7 years! I could hardly believe it's been that long! Anyway, I am used to having to ice the whole stinking cake by hand. This time I decided to use fondant because I really wanted a picture of a pretty cake for my website. That way I can have my cake and eat it too! Hahaha, okay, I couldn't resist that one. Anyway, I have more test runs planned for the new camera, but I wanted to share this first set with you. You can see all the pictures HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that you and Cory cutting the cake together on picture #6 of 11? Yum! If it tastes as terrific as it looks, you probably had one sugar-high family demanding seconds. Congratulations all around! ;->

ANeibaur said...

WOW Meg! Look at that cake! I should have hired you to make our wedding cake! LOL
And those pictures are so crisp... I can tell a difference already! Way to go!
I can't wait to see what else you can do with that camera, and those mad skillz of yours! Your so creative :D

Glass Dragon said...

Awesome. Have you named your spiffy new camera yet? =D

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Your post still hasn't shown up in my reader! Argh. Dumb reader. Anyway, I LOVE the cake! Can I hire you to make my Monarch cake for the cover of my book? I'm not kidding. But I'm also not sure you'd want to do it...that's a lot of intricate butterflies... :)

Your work is gorgeous, both photos and the baking!

Derico Photography said...

Well, Michelle, I'd love to do it depending on what you want it to look like. If the butterflies have to be made by hand, then no. If I can put fake ones on then sure thing. Details don't bother me as long as I am capable of actual making them look good :) We will have to talk about it.