Now, with all my health issues, I'm supposed to have some sort of fitness routine. But it's gotta be something I can actually do. In my monthly health magazine from the insurance company, the front page had a fitness article. I started laughing when I opened it up and started reading. It was about the Wii fitness! I guess it has been doing oh-so much more than just helping people lose weight. It is being used to help people with physical therapy and even mental disabilities. So, when Cory won some gift cards to Game Crazy, we decided to invest in a Wii of our own. Well, this weekend, we made that our present to each other.

Both Cory and I have had so much fun exploring the capabilities of the Wii Fit Plus, and it is amazing! For me, at least, it's exactly what I needed. When I step on the board it reads my center of balance and takes my weight (among other things) and marks my progress on a graph of the goal I have set for myself. I was teasing Cory a few weeks ago telling him I seriously needed someone to just tell me to get my fat butt on the elliptical. Since he actually likes sleeping in our bedroom, he said he just couldn't do that. Well, the first time I stepped on the board and it said flat out "You are overweight" and these are all the things that it could cause but this is how we can fix it, I was hooked!
This morning when we all woke up, I got out the mat and board and started up the game. I had created a set exercise program to do every day, so I started it up. When Abby and Zoe sa me get into position, they each stepped up to my sides and got in place as well. It was the funniest thing when they both mirrored my trainer on the tv and did what we were doing. After about 10 minutes, the ab stretch we were doing got the better of Zoe and she exclaimed "This hurts my tummy" and she went to sit down. I was so proud of Abby for sticking out the full 20 minute exercise with me! Then we all took turns doing hula hoop and running.
For the first time in a long time, I did a full exercise. Not just that either, I did it with the girls. Most importantly, we all had fun doing it! I could get used to this!


4 comments:
Wii Fit has been getting rave reviews since it first came out. I guess they're well-deserved! Kudos to Cory for winning free stuff, and I hope the girls stay interested and keep exercising with you! :D
Ooo, I want one! Maybe with our tax return...or maybe not. Hah. But it sounds perfect! I'm so glad this has worked out for you! Keep us posted on how your progress goes. :)
We have the original wii fit, and I love it. I want the second one, it sounds even better :) My favorite part is when Aryn does it with me. I think it is just so cute that your girls do it to :)
Glad you found something that can work for you.
It is wonderful to hear that a traditionally unhappy time of year was a great success this time! Oh, and too cute that the girls do the Wii Fitness with you. ;->
Post a Comment