This weekend was lots of fun. Cory and I took the kids and met up with my parents and brother and his family at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. Abby loved the sea monsters movie, and Zoe was too tired to care what was on the screen. After the movie we went through the museum, and, I'd have to agree with something Alyse said a while back here, it is a whole new experience just walking through and having fun with the kids instead of snapping a shot of them every few seconds on the camera. (Don't get me wrong, I still miss my camera!! I feel like I'm being deprived of oxygen or something!) Then when we went to leave, Abby declared she wanted to go to Red Robin for dinner because she wanted macky and cheese and fwench fries (not a typo, that's just how she says it). It was so yummy! I had been wanting a Banzai burger for about a week now, and I was particularly hungry, so that combined with my extra yummy chocolate malt, I felt like I was eating manna from heaven.
Yesterday's primary class was particularly hard for some reason. I think, partly, because now they expect us to have this super cool lesson for them lined up every week, and yah, that just ain't going to happen. The lesson was on "The Whole Armor of God", and I tried to convince Cory to let us bring our fencing stuff, but he was being a stick in the mud :p Next week the lesson is continued and goes into the Title of Liberty. I am thinking I'll find some cloth or something and have the class make it's own "Title of Liberty" that we can display in class every week, but not sure exactly how to go about that one... what do we have them put on it? Things they believe in? Things they would fight for? Or should I do something entirely different? I'd love some help on this one...
Anyway, after church we got to go over to my parent's house for dinner, which was yummy, and homemade ice cream for dessert, which was even yummier. Miss Universe was coming on just as we started picking up toys and gatering our stuff to leave, and my dad got sucked into that... hmm, I was betting on Australia, she was pretty. I should call him and ask him who won, LOL. Sorry, my thoughts were straying... Last night after that started, my mom was aking my dad a question about who's "native costume" he liked the best... or at least she was attempting to ask him. Finally after a few minutes I made some sarcastic, rude comment about the hostesses boobs and as everyone started laughing my dad says "What?", with a big smile on his face. All I can say is that the subsequent conversation was quite hilarious!
So, fastforward to today. I am nervous about Wednesday this week. I've got an appt at Children's Hospital for an echo-cardiogram. Even though everything is supposed to be fine, when it comes to your baby, you can never really not worry when they say you have to have this stuff checked out. So, yes, I am trying to keep busy and keep my mind off of... well, anything bad. I still have to clean the house up from last weeks drama. Everyone is recovered from strep throat (yes, I say everyone, because Abby and I got sick too). It was one big puke-fest, and it will be nice to feel safe enough to have the nice sheets back on our bed, instead of using our old comforter as our fitted sheet, and our couch blankets as regular sheets.
I am, however, having a hard time believing I am already over half way there! D-Day here I come! We are still hoping for Halloween, because otherwise it just messes up the birthday pattern we have going on, and besides, how cool would that be to have a birthday on Halloween? Maybe I'm wierd, but hey, it is my favorite holiday! I am just praying everything keeps going good and that we make it to Halloween. This pregnancy almost seems too good to be true after the last two!
I think I have probably bored you enough for today with my ramblings, but hey, this is the only way I can even get close to keeping up a journal, so to get the fun stories, you've got to muddle through the boring ones as well. Hehehe, laundry here I come! See ya'll another day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks for all the fun stories! I still have yet to take Darcy to Thanksgiving Point. Hmmm, should I take my camera or not? Oh, wait, I don't have one...
Good luck with the Primary class. I'm already drained of ideas for my own class. So hmph.
Glad you guys are all better! Can we come see you soon?
Of course!!! You're welcome up here any day any time... as long as I'm home and you give me enough notice to clean up my stye ;)
You guys are welcome anytime, especially if you drag Shawn and Alese up, with the men bringing their fencing stuff... :D Just kidding. But we do need to get all of us together for a dinner and a crazy house of kids playing...
Post a Comment