See, I'm not a total grump... I am capable of being in a good mood.
We had a fun 4th of July this year. We went down to Ephraim to visit Ralph and Cheryl for the day. The girls had tons of fun, running, swinging, playing, eating... you name it, they did it. Dinner was awesome! Yummy ribs, baked beans, fresh corn... yummy!
Wanting to avoid all the traffic from Stadium of Fire, we came up with this brilliant plan in which we didn't leave Ephraim until around 7pm. Instead of staying the night, Megan packed up Cooper and left right after dinner, leaving the rest of us to clean up the mess (so, okay, that part of the evening was kind of annoying). Anyway, we finally got all packed up, and ready to go, but we felt kind of bad leaving Ralph and Cheryl. They had gone to all that trouble, and Ralph had bought this expensive fireworks package to light off, and nobody was going to be there to celebrate.
Needless to say, we made it as far as the Walmart about 2 minutes away from their house before we stopped for diaper wipes, some pajamas for the night, and clothes for the girls for the next day, and proceeded to turn the car around.
We ended up having the best little get away! We stayed up late eating homemade ice cream, watching, and lighting fireworks, all while being eaten by bugs. Cory woke up early and took the girls with him and Grandpa, and went to go fly planes, while I got to catch up on some much needed sleep. We got to lounge around all day, eat leftovers, munch on a VERY delicious blackberry crunch, and finally left around 4pm yesterday evening.
Then, on the way home, we stopped in Pleasant Grove and dropped off the DVD of all those wedding pictures. YAY for getting paid! Then of course, after we dropped the dog off back at home, we had to go spend it all on groceries, but I knew that was going to happen so it's okay.
So yes, all in all, it was a good weekend. My brother gets in from California tonight, so we're going over to my parents house... which reminds me, I need to make a rum cake. And, we got to do something nice for someone else... you should have seen how happy Grandma and Grandpa looked when we pulled back into their driveway.
Now, it's getting about time for my medicine so I can make it through yet another day without being sick. I am waaay digging these pills... they finally made a generic form of Zofran, a pill they give cancer patients while on chemo (yah, pretty strong stuff, but it's a godsend!) You know what though, I haven't had to go to the hospital once for an IV, so I don't care how many pills they give me, I'll gladly take them. The only thing is that with all those wierd and extreme problems out of the way, for the first time I am experiencing the normal problems of pregnancy. I think though, that I will glady take my swollen feet and sore back opposed to walking around with that horrible IV 24 hours a day.
I had better get started reading our lesson for today (we teach the 11-12 year olds in church) and I like giving them good lessons. I think the teacher they had before really bored them out of their minds, because our attendance has almost doubled since we started teaching the class... probably because Cory and I are well, a couple of smartasses, and the kids actually have fun while learning. So, yes, I'd better get going, so as not to disappoint them. I hope everyone had a fun filled 4th of July!
Till next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love reading your posts! So much fun! I'm so happy you had a great holiday. I am preparing for another Sunday as well, teaching those lovely primary kids. I think Adam and I are pretty boring. Probably because we're so blasted tired by the end of the week.
Glad to hear your pills are working, too!
August 23rd has been set aside.. Lucky for us Shawn has that night off as well. YAY. Although I do work till 4... I assume I will still be there though.
Glad you guys had fun to! Hope little Abby is feeling better.
HUGS.
Post a Comment