So, the Dr. Appt went fine... it took two stinking hours, but the news was good. I knew that this baby, even at 20 weeks when I started feeling her kick me to pieces, was more active than Abby and Zoe had ever been. Yesterday gave me some insight as to what a little hellion I think we're about to have.
What should have taken maybe 30 minutes took two technicians and almost two hours. Little Madison would not hold still! The guy doing the cardiogram was everywhere... he'd get settled on a good spot with the ultrasound machine and this little stink would kick right on the spot he would have the handheld piece and screw the whole thing up. After almost an hour, he started jostling my tummy around, trying to get the baby to stay in one spot. Now, I realize I'm not a doctor, nor a rocket scientist, but if you're just going to be pushing repeatedly on my stomach and pissing off this obviously non-conformist baby, I don't think you're going to get a good end result.
"Oh good, it looks like she's stopped moving" Says the rocket scientist. Oh, but wait, in sheer protest of being abused and beaten, she parks her little rump up in the air, and turns her spine up against my stomach so they can't get a good enough reading of anything now! Hahaha, I could have told you what the other two are like and given you some clue what you were getting yourself into.
~ I have to edit this and insert a side story, because I just remembered it... it was so funny when they were trying to get the information from the cardiogram. The girls were there with Cory, and they were excited to see baby sister on the screen. Zoe was getting quite drawn into watching the baby moving, when all of a sudden the sound of a small baby crying drifted in from another exam room. I swear it was the funniest thing to both hear and watch, because Zoe sat straight up on Cory's lap, let out this deep and completely awed gasp, and exclaimed "I hear her!" Yes, hope you enjoyed that one as much as I did!~
I just laid there, quite uncomfortably may I add, on the exam table for the almost two hours it took to finally get good enough pictures, readings, and measurements that they cardiologist would need, and tried my hardest not to laugh at the increasingly frustrated technicians.
All I can say is... Can't wait for this mild mannered little lady to get here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Holy crap. Don't ever ask me to babysit her. I think I'd rip my hair out. Tehehehe. Sounds like you've got a strong soul coming into the world!
Wow, what a handful she is going to be huh?! Sounds fun. I can't wait to meet her when she finally comes into the world.
Post a Comment