Saturday, July 19, 2008

Doh! A deer!

Sound Bambi decided to take a high noon stroll down the road (Highway 111) to the showdown with our Ford Focus. Unfortunately I would call it a draw. The deer was stunned but walked off the other side ofthe road and into the bushes, while the Focus sustained quick but repairable damage.

As we were headed to Grandpas house in Herriman, we were traveling down the road and the deer crested the small hill and proceeded to cross the highway quickly. I was close enough I slammed on the brake and thinking I saw it hesitate tried to avoid it, when it continued forward and slammed into the passenger side of the car. It ripped the mirror off, left dents in the doors, cracked the windshield and shattered the rear passenger sides glass, showering the interior with glass.

Pulling over to the side of the road, I got out and, my head clearing and assessing where the damage occurred pulled the girls out of the back seat and got the glass dusted off them as best I could. Injuries were very minimal. The biggest cut was on Abby and it was less than 2 millimeters long.

I spent most of two hours on the phone with AAA and they will take care of everything to get it fixed, even cover the rental.
Before we became insured by AAA, I always thought the memberships were a frivolous thing a few people had. Since I have joined their membership, I have found them invaluable.

Everyone is okay, though a little shaken. The Lord blessed us that no one was seriously injured. The Focus can be fixed or replaced but not the things that matter most.

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow. Glad you're okay! Let me know if you need anything. Things like this always happen to you. Makes my life look pretty boring. Not that I wish for anything like that...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the proverbial flood wasn't done this week, but in fact was spreading.

My deepest prayers of gratitude your family is safe and hopes the car repairs move forward quickly. May your family always enjoy such protection.

I add my voice: Let me know if you need anything. Even something as small as a hug. Until then: * HUGS *

ANeibaur said...

Sheeshe... Every where I turn something is happening to the people that I love. I am so glad that you guys are ok. Now.. no more running into things ya hear! :)
HUGS and Kisses to the booboo's!