Saturday, January 3, 2009

Little Cuties...

My sister-in-law and nieces were in town from California this week, so of course I had to take pictures!! And of course as soon as I got the camera out and my backdrop set up, my own girls were begging me to take their pictures too... and of course I was more than happy to oblige :DI was sad the pictures of baby Leah (my niece) weren't very sharp, but I soon discovered my battery was on it's last limb, and got it charged enough to get better pictures of my girls... and then of course we couldn't get Leah to stop crying to take better photos... so you get both the meh ones and the good ones... I had so much fun playing in photoshop. All the things I've been asking Michelle finally managed to click in my brain (which is surprising since I have Bronchitis... yes, that's right, I said Bronchitis! UGH! So I am now on antibiotics trying to keep it from turning into pneumonia... thank heavens bronchitis isn't contagious (amazingly... and yes, I looked it up)!









5 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Awww!
Your girls are beautiful.. as always! And your neice is so darling... even the not so smiley pics are cute.
That looks so fun and I really like your background... is that the velvet one?? Its pretty!

Derico Photography said...

Thanks :D She is a cutie... she looks like a little porcelain doll. Leah didn't want anything to do with being up on that table taking pictures. Almost all the other ones of her she is screaming in.

Velvet... yes, it's just black velvet. I need to get a bigger cut of it so I can use it on adults and not just the kiddies.

BonnieandSteve said...

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog! It has been looooong time. I remember your wedding day. I remember lots of snow and my parents car got stuck and so we were late and that made me so embarrassed and nervous. And I had nothing to wear because I just had a baby and so wore 3 different types of slimming devises. But the nice part was how you and Cory glowed and I was so happy for both of you!

And I'm okay with not coming to the New Years Eve party as I'm sure I wouldn't have survived a glass of kickapoo. That stuff is hard to forget and stomach! Ha ha ha ha! It would be fun to see everyone again and my social butterfly instincts tell me to throw a party but the business woman side of me says "NO" until I get all my boutique orders filled.

As to fabric prices- I buy wholesale, discounted, discontinued, and full price depending on the project.

I think you best bet would be JoAnns with a 40% off coupon (if JoAnns even carries that particular type of muslin.) But if you know a fabric shop by you sometimes the owner might let you order wholesale with their orders. Also check Ebay.com and Etsy.com. I know some other online places to check to if our interested, drop me a line at obonnylass(at)yahoo.com if you are.

Darling picture by the way! You know we really need a family photo taken sometime. . . .I'll have to go check out your Gallery.

Take care!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yay for Photoshop stuff clicking! I hope you can get another version soon so the program will work better for you.

Those pictures are great! Awww, so adorable!

Anonymous said...

What is it about kids of photographers being so photogenic? Must be in part they see how much it thrills their moms and becomes a treat for them.

Hmm, Bonnie raised a good point. When are you going to do a full family picture? With you in it? ;->