Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today's Filler

As a couple of you know, I am currently working on a few projects, one of which includes the pictures Cory and I took with Madison this last weekend. While I want to post them all, I want to make sure the work I do on them is quality... so it's taking a while. In the mean time, I wanted to put up a "filler" post. I ask you, what better filler is there than filling food... and quick, easy filling food at that.

So here's today's scoop :D Cory gobbled his all up, and even the girls went crazy for them, asking for not just seconds, but thirds. On the third go around, I figured it must be good so I whipped out my camera and decided this would work till my pictures are done.

Todays lunch was super easy chicken quesadillas. I just used left over chicken that I shredded from off a store bought rotissere chicken.

tortillas (I prefer corn)
shredded chicken
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
shredded mexican blend cheese
cherry tomatoes, quartered
Crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
cumin
salt

I heated the mushrooms (which I cut in half then diced about 4 or 5 more times), quartered cherry tomatoes, chicken, and a couple pinches of cumin and salt in a skillet. In another skillet, I heated a small amount of vegetable oil and threw in a tortilla on low/medium heat, cooked on one side for about 30 seconds, flip it over, add a handful of cheese, beans, and chicken filling. Flip half the tortilla over to make quesadilla shape, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve with a heaping mound of cream cheese and... VOILA!




3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Hey, dinner for tonight!!!

I love cremini mushrooms. Thanks for sharing, Meghan. Looks really good. :)

sandals said...

These look yummy! Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Can't wait to peek in on you guys!

Anonymous said...

Except that I hate black beans (or any beans, which puts a big damper on Mexican food), looks really tasty! Think it would still taste good if lettuce was substituted in?