"Um, how else can I say it? "You're being let go." "Your department's being downsized." "You're part of an outplacement." "We're going in a different direction." "We're not picking up your option." Take your pick. I got more."
Cory called me about 9am this morning to let me know he, along with thirty some odd more people, was being laid off. Last week one of the managers emailed a handful of people (Cory included) saying their hours were being cut to 40 hours a week (normally they work 50). Today they called in 1/6th of their employees and informed them that as of the end of the day they no longer had a job. Then another hour or so later, Cory walked in the door at home and said the manager told all the people that had been laid off that there was no use staying the entire day and to just go home.
While I'm worried about house payments and formula and diapers and food, I know things will work out in the end... somehow... hopefully... okay, I'm running on faith here right now. I am really upset at Cory's work because they've been promising there would be no lay-offs and telling everyone they are doing good. OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!
Thankfully, since they gave NO notice, his work is going to give Cory an additional four weeks of pay, and our health benefits will be in effect till the end of April.
Call me spiteful, but I sincerely hope they lose or misplace every single drawing and project they are working on. Maybe then they will appreciate how important Cory was in keeping everything organized and moving for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Meghan it's normal to feel angry and spiteful.
I am keeping your family in my prayers, and please, PLEASE, let us know if we can do anything. You are the one always telling me that it does not hurt to say you need help and to ask.
We love you very much and know that the Lord will take care of you. You are faithful and strong.
*HUGS*
Wow hun I am so sorry. This is never an easy thing to go through but I hope for your sake everything works out ok.
Stay strong. We love you!
Ouch. Emperor’s New Groove is suppose to be off-the-wall funny, not harshly fit reality. * sad *
I hope and pray things turn around soon, if not in the same line of work then somewhere equally fulfilling.
Post a Comment