Saturday, August 16, 2008

Why am I even awake?

So I'm laying here on the couch, watching car bears with the girls, wondering why on earth I am even awake. I feel something akin to a zombie right now... darn Abby for being an early riser!

Last night was so much fun! Alyse, Alicia, Michelle and I got to spend a girls night out on the town at "Erin's Slumber Party" Downtown SLC at the Sheraton Hotel. I think my favorite part was getting an airbrush tattoo with Alyse ;) Yes, it was a shock for Cory when I walked in the door and showed him. I thought it quite funny thought that he felt it necessary to ask if it was real... we may get a little crazy when we get together, but not quite that crazy. Have a little faith sweetie.

I also enjoyed a moment of humor at one of the vendor's expense. We were standing in line for the chocolate fountain and those evil people but a weight loss booth just before the chocolate table. Here we are standing in this line with five million other chocolate crazed women, attempting to wait patiently, the two ladies behind the weight loss booth looking quite bored, at least in my humble opinion, and I happen to notice they have a BMI scale with which to tell people how much they need to go on this HCG program. Now, I may be having a baby for halloween, but I still just look like a chubb and not quite like a pregnant lady. I told the other girls they weren't allowed to say anything, and stepped over to the table and asked the vendor if I could stand on her scale, quite anxious to hear how unhealthy I was and how much weight I needed to lose. I didn't think the situation could get any funnier till she got my readings and started to explain what everything was. This is your percentage of body fat around your stomach, which is a little high (it read at like 41% hahaha!) and then she had another measurement, whose name eludes me at the moment, which she said was good, and my total weight (which I new anyway because I had just been to the doctor's a few hours earlier in the day), and would I like her to write everything down on a paper for me to take. The only thing I could choke out through the laughs I had been stifling was "So the fact that I'm having a baby in 11 weeks means that my numbers are pretty good?" To which, her priceless reply was "Shut up, you are not!" It was like one of those credit card commercials... Making the weight loss woman feel like a complete idiot... Priceless!

Anyway, we did lots of walking, and lots of talking, lots of eating, and lots of shopping. Abby and Zoe particularly love my pink glittery nails. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Playing with THE girls is so much more different than playing with MY girls. I even showed some self restraint by not bring home a furry female companion for our little Domino.

I think we all came to a consensus that we need to have another girls day soon. I do have good news... the super fun looking glitter gel toe nail booth we saw is from a spa located in Lehi. Maybe we could all go there for our pedicures ladies :D

I think my brain is finally starting to wake up, and I'm hoping Cory will be home from work soon. You ladies just let me know when and where we'd like to go for our next outing and I'll come down there to Utah County to meet you. I'm so excited for it already! I hope everyone had as much fun as I did... Love you all, and thanks so much for joining me!

3 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I don't know why I'm awake, either. I'm still a zombie. Gotta finish Eclipse. Three more chapters . . .

Yes, let's do the glitter toes thing. Soon. I think it would be a blast!

And last night was really fun! I will remember it forever.

ANeibaur said...

Oh yes last night was so much fun. I wish we could do it again. I am however looking forward to the pedicure day. Im glad to hear that they are in Lehi... Teehee... I won't have to travel as far!

Oh and my glitter nails have already been peeling :( I suppose thats why it was free. LOL

Anonymous said...

That was a FUN night! Yes, oh, yes. And Meghan, thank YOU for inviting us to join you.

Let's see. I nominate Alyse to spearpoint the pedicures, as it was her good suggestion for our next outing.