Thursday, August 21, 2008

Party crashing stones

I hate to have to make the official announcement, but we are going to have the postpone "Night at the Oscars"

I am currently posting this via the wireless connection at the Intermountain Medical Center in SLC. On Monday we brought Meghan in because she had not felt the baby move in an unusually long time. We got in, and put into a room, and Meghan finished changing. Abby asked to go into the restroom. I took Abby in and came back out to see a frustrated, annoyed look on Meghan's face. She calmly said the baby was actively moving. They monitored her for a little while, while the girls and I watched Elmo in Grouchland. (First time I had seen it)

Tuesday, I was getting ready for work and Meghan was saying she felt pain. She asked me to tap on her back softly. I tapped over the kidney and she screamed. Work was then no longer an option for the day. Got Meghan up and two VERY tired little girls (still in pajamas) and everyone in the car. After several hours in the same hospital, the girls were getting restless. I called up and was told I should have already taken them to Grandma & Grandpa's. I took them down and returned to the hospital to hear the probable diagnosis of a kidney stone. She has been resting since. (And that was Wednesday)

Mid-afternoon today, I received a page over the intercom at work to talk to one of the receptionists. I was told she received a call from Meghan stating the doctor told her to return again to Labor & Delivery. Meghan was waiting as I get home and explains that she has been sick and nauseous all day. So here, I sit. Again.

Rather than risk another visit for stress caused with the anxiety of setting up the party, we are postponing it till sometime in September. Please let us know what weekends will be available for all of you.
Thank you for the kind words and support through what is happening.

4 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Oh man, you all have just dealt with so much lately. I really do hope that meghan starts feeling better soon, and I hope that all is well with your unborn baby girl! Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do! We love you guys hang in there!

P.S.
The only weekend that is not good for us will be the weekend of the 20th. I already emailed you, but because it is Matts wedding I am assuming at least a few people you invited to this will be attending the reception that evening. So just a heads up. Thanks for letting us know.
HUGS N Kisses!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I'm still thinking about you guys! I haven't called because I figure talking on the phone won't help Meghan feel too much better. But if she DOES want to talk, please let me know!

Hoping and praying that all will end well and soon. Loves.

Anonymous said...

These two girls are as eloquent with their words as their photography, and I hope you feel all our support in a way that makes a positive difference.

I, too, offer prayers and willing assistance. Please just point in the way that you need help! * HUGS *

Anonymous said...

Remember, you are suppose to be resting today! So if you are reading this, it better be to know that we love you and want you better! * gives another dose of HUGS *