So I'm home now. We were afraid they were going to just hold me prisoner for the next 10 weeks, which of course would have driven me nuts! My discharge papers finally came in the early afternoon on Saturday, and we proceeded directly to rescue my babies before they forgot who I was.
Abby of course had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa, and while Zoe had fun, it was apparent she is still my girl, and that she was quite upset at me for leaving her for so long. Friday night I called my parents to say hello to the girls and tell them I loved them, and Zoe flat out refused to talk to me. My mom said as soon as I said "Hello" Zoe stuck her lip out in a big pout and handed her back the phone.
All was forgiven however, as soon as she saw me get out of the car on Saturday. One of those things that just makes life worth it. I heard her scream/half shriek (and probably all the dogs within a 5 mile radius) "MOMMY!!!!!", followed by her little stomping march in place, and then a mad dash across my parents front lawn. What could I do? I had to pick up my baby (don't any of you yell at me either, it was worth the pain, and you know you would have done the same with your kid!). For about the next hour that we stayed at my parents house, I don't think anyone could have pried Zoe from her death grip around my neck. I really wouldn't really have wanted anyone to try anyway.
Abby has her moments when she reminds me she loves me and she missed me, but Zoe is my constant shadow... and while tiring, I am loving every minute of it!
So, yes, we are home for the moment. I am beginning to think we might not make it to Halloween, but we are still hoping for what's best for little Madison. They gave me medicine to stop my contractions, which have come back at full force, but it makes my blood pressure go extremely low. Right now I am trying to find a happy medium between dealing with pain, contractions, and feeling like I am constantly going to pass out. I decided early this morning, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get my hospital bag packed (and suitcases for each if the girls) as I was told that from this point on, if I go, they're not going to try to stop me for too long... just long enough to effectively give Madison some steroids to help with her lungs.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and wishes. You all mean so much to us, and to me. I however, have been up a little too long, and Zoe wants to lay down with me, so I think I'll use her as my excuse to go do so. Cory or I will be sure to keep everyone updated. All my love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Glad to hear you're ok. I have yet to look at your photography site... will do, and soon. :)
OMGoodness, I really hope that you are able to make it to full term. Hang in there sweety. HUGS
Thank you so much for the update! I'm so grateful to hear that you are back home surrounded by your family.
Take care, beautiful woman, wife, mother, and friend. Don't forget your most important title: Meghan. You are you, and it is wonderful.
You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family!
I am thinking of you!
Post a Comment