Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sick


I am sick. I feel like CRAP. My throat is killing me and my nose is officially just going to fall off. I'm on my second bag of cough drops and second box of tissues since Sunday. Even better, Madison is sick too. I am actually feeling a lot better than I was on Monday... that night I just wanted to die. Cory was such a sweetheart and stayed home on Tuesday... I can only imagine how horrendous I looked for him to just stay home and not ask or debate or draw out the conversation as to whether he should stay or go. Tuesday he didn't even ask. I'm pretty sure I picked this up from a kid at Kiddie Kandids last weekend just before Mother's Day. I can even tell you which kid exactly. I was paranoid about even doing his pictures, but it was my job, so I did it and forgot about it... till Monday rolled around. Ugh. Such is life I guess, especially when you work with kids. So yah, I am feeling better than before, but still getting over this. Sorry if we flake out on anyone this weekend... I've decided I need to not infect anyone else as my poor mom is now sick too (I saw her Monday morning when I felt fine but just had a runny nose). We got to go out to dinner with Ralph & Cheryl on Tuesday night, which I was greatful for since that meant all I had to do was amble into the restaurant and not do any of the cooking or cleaning, but I really do hope we didn't get Cheryl sick :(

Anyway, I am totally rambling right now. I'm waiting to hear back from my boss to see if they want me coming in today. Like I said, I feel better, but my nose is still running laps around the block and we're not even gonna go into what I've been coughing up... yah. And I just can't seem to shake this sore throat. I am so sick of cough drops at this point I wouldn't mind never seeing another one in my life, but I'm sure I will need them again soon anyway. I want to work. I want my paycheck. But I also want to just crawl back into bed and sleep for a whole other day or two. What's a girl to do?

6 comments:

Allyanne said...

Oh its so hard to be sick and be a mom and I cant even image working.
If you feel better by Tuesday we would love to go swimming.

ANeibaur said...

Aww im sorry Meg!
That sounds icky. Hang in there! Oh and don't take any more photos of sick kids... and *WTH is a parent doing bringing a sick child in for photos anyways?? That's kinda messed up, not just for the person taking the kids photos, but also for the rest of the kids in the studio.
Blarg. Feel better soon sweety.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've been sick, but not like THAT! Just a sniffle. :(

Derico Photography said...

Well, it was for Mother's day of course, so sick or not, since they had procrastinated, they were gonna get their pictures made come hell or high water.

Glass Dragon said...

I'm sorry you're sick! I still can't believe with all the fuss about swine flu lately that a parent would take their sick child out in public. "Hmm, our kid is sick. I know! Let's take him out where he can infect countless others and also expose his already taxed immune system to any other viruses floating around. What a great idea!" How irresponsible is that? Pfft!

Feel better soon! If you get really sick of the cough drops, try hot water or tea with lemon juice and lots of honey in it. The soothing effect is temporary, but it tastes a darn sight better than a cough drop! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thankfully we have been gifted with miraculous bodies that usually get better sooner than later.

Hope you feel all better soon!