
About two weeks ago, we went to our local rec center just to see what activities they offered. After 10 or 15 minutes of looking around, we made our way back to the front desk and purchased a family membership. Can I just say that it is one of the best investments we have made. We have had so much fun taking the girls swimming. We try to go at least once a week, if not more. Abby loves playing with the ducky water slide, going in the lazy river, and bobbing in and out of the various water toy stations they have. Zoe is actually starting to swim. She scares me sometimes, she is so fearless. We bought the girls little arm floaties last week because Zoe's favorite phrase is "I want to swim by MYSELF!" and I think she's sink all the way to the bottom of the pool (shallow as the kids section may be) before she asked for help! Then there is Madison... she is such a trip to watch! When she first gets in the water, she kicks and splashes and giggles and babbles and has the grandest time! Typically, she lasts about 15-20 minutes before she gets tired and over stimulated, and our new routine is to take her out of the pool for about 5 minutes, where Cory cuddles her close while she zonks out, and then is able to re-enter the pool with sleeping baby in tow.
Last night we were able to enjoy our swimming adventure with friends of ours (our game night friends that live just around the corner), which was a total blast! Their little boy Levi is such a cutie, and the girls absolutley LOVE playing with him! I think they ask me almost every day if they will get to "play with Levi today". Anyway, after swimming, we decided to go treat the girls (and ourselves) to some ice cream. We are fortunate enough to have a decent Dairy Queen about a minute away from the house, which is also just right on the way home from the rec center.
Everyone was so excited to get an ice cream cone, and we sat down at a table to enjoy our treats. Within about 3 or 4 minutes, poor Abby was shaking so bad she could hardly get the ice cream cone aimed into her mouth (but the ice cream covered face was pretty darn cute!) because she was so cold. We decided to pack the kids up, ice cream cones and all, and get them into the car. It's funny because it was actually warmer outside than it was in the dumb store!
Cleaned and bathed, dried and warm in their pajamas, the girls and I finished the evening by reading a few chapters out of our current book, The Secret Garden. Abby was so tired, she fell asleep cuddled up on one side of me. It was so cute... just like a scene out of some super cheesy sappy movie... and I enjoyed every second of it!


6 comments:
I have fond memories of family trips to the rec center, and your rec center sounds much cooler than the one my family went to. I also have post-simming freezing ice cream memories. Must be a childhood rite of passage thing. ;)
Awwwww, how fun! Congratulations on the find at the rec center. Sounds like it's as standard-setting as the public library in Orem.
Did you take that photo? Either way, it's a perfect fit!
How wonderful and precious that you have movie-made scenes together. It's great that amazing family time can actually happen outside of a Hollywood script. ;->
Well, it wasn't all peaches and cream... there was some rather loud screaming when it came time to get out of the pool, but everything else was super fun!
I love that picture.
We had a blast too.
Sounds like an awesome time! I can't imagine they'd let children swim naked in the pool... so that's not your photo, right? LOL.
Ice and cream and swimming! Yum.... brrrr (well, in May anyway).
heaven's no, it's not my photo. It was just so freaking cute I had to use it. I really REALLY want an underwater camera for our trip in January, but that's a ways away and there are other things I want more... or at least, I NEED more than the camera.
Post a Comment