
(Yes, I know that's a picture of Zoe but it's cute so I'm forcing you to look at it!)
Madison had her first appointment this morning with a physical therapist for her Torticollis. The two hour session ended on a good note about an hour into it. The therapist could tell where Madison had had a bad head tilt, but there was only a 2mm difference in measurements around her head. Their goal with therapy is to get the difference at 3mm or below, and to send them off with a full range of motion. We went over Madison's symptoms from birth up till her 4 month check up when he was officially diagnosed, and from then till today. As soon as I had gotten home from our appointment almost three weeks ago, I looked everything up that I could about Torticollis, and what the treatments were.
As soon as we had a rough idea of what we would go through in physical therapy, we started doing the stretches and massages here at home on our own.
Today at our first appointment, the therapist was surprised to see that Madison is already almost completely healed. We do still have to keep up with the stretching, massages, and other exercises we've been doing, and new ones we were shown today, but as long as Madison is either the same or better at our next appointment in 30 days, she will be given a clean bill of health.
In other news, I have gone back to work. In no way have I given up on my own photography, but I am also working at Kiddie Kandids now in the evenings. I'm so excited for this job because I really do love doing children's portraits, but doing weddings and modeling (which I am now entering into) is more profitable, so now I will be able to find a happy balance between doing what I want, and what makes more money.
I'm excited to be doing a beginning model's portfolio this weekend (we got snowed out this last weekend! UGH!), and have a couple more waiting in the wings for more spring, outdoors themed shoots. High fashion modeling photography has ALWAYS been a dream of mine, and I am so excited to be settling into the right paths that can lead me there.
Today I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow within the career I have always dreamt of doing but never believed would be possible.


5 comments:
Sounds fantastic, Meghan! I didn't know you were working at Kiddie Kandids! Good experience!
Way to go you awesome lady!
And way to go Madison for succeeding at her daily stretches!
I am proud of you both.
It is so satisfying when you are great at what you love to do!
Aryn and I will be down to bug you at Kiddie Kandids eventually! I want to see all the changes they have made since I worked there. Sounds like a better place now!
I am happy for you!
If you can handle child portraits at Kiddie Kandids, you can handle ANYTHING! :D
Hahaha, yah, it's a lot of fun. Newborn pictures are harder there than doing them in my studio because they use "books" to keep the babies propped up, so they roll off and we have to be real fast getting out of the way and then back again before they roll off. Here at home I use a boppy or foam wedges that mold nicely around the baby. No babyside here!
Hi, Zoe!
Wow, what great news for Madison from the get-go. Good for you being pro-active.
Double good news for you, Meghan! I hope the path of photography you choose is dynamic and exciting - an endless adventure you have been wanting.
Post a Comment