Monday, March 16, 2009

A new day has come...


Ah... beautiful quiet. I had almost forgotten what it sounded like. Let me start off by saying that I love Cory with every ounce of everything I have in me. That said, I was going insane having him home! Every morning, the girls were awake at the but crack of dawn crying and screaming over who got to watch what and who was playing with which toy. Again, I love Cory to pieces... but he definitely was not cut out to be a mom (which works out because that might be kind of freaky). This morning, the girls woke up, ran out all noisily to the front room, expecting to have their usual wrestling match with each other and with their father... except there was no daddy this morning. He has officially returned to work!

The rest of the morning has already been a pleasant relief from the past couple of months. The girls suddenly remembered they have to share, refrain from yelling, AND eat all their breakfast. Who knows, I might actually get some of the clutter picked up that has been accumulating since Cory has been home. However, I'll space tht out over a couple of days or else risk either killing myself or getting lost in the mess!

I'm going to go enjoy my nice quiet morning now. Hope you enjoy yours as well :D

5 comments:

Glass Dragon said...

ROFL!!! Ah, well. Not every guy can be Mr. Mom. I already congratulated Cory on his new job on his blog, so now I'll congratulate you on your return to your morning routine! Good luck with that clutter!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Hey, life is normal again for you! Yay!

Did you take that picture? It's beautiful. :)

ANeibaur said...

LOL Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Glad that your morning was relaxing! Here's hoping that the cleaning over the week goes well. *hugs* It is an unending task, isn't it?

Derico Photography said...

Hahaha, thanks guys! I did get the kitchen all cleaned today and the piles of laundry started. It's already looking like my home again :D I wish I had taken that picture! I have been on the lookout for one like that to catch on camera, but every time I have my camera I'm either too late or it's a bleh sunset, and every time I see a sunset like that, of course I have no camera. arg! One day...