This year, as the ward primary president, I expressed concern that we REALLY needed to have a ward get together, especially something that would be fun for the kids. I was asked to be in charge of the Halloween party, or "Fall Festival". Of course I jumped at the chance!
I got to go a bit crazy (both in good ways and in bad) and go all out. We ended up with tons of crafts for the kids to make... little spider webs to decorate, candy corns made from colored tissue paper glued onto the paper shape, witches hats, ghosts, bats, pumpkins and other foam shapes that Cory was a trooper to help cut out for me! (There, honey, there was your much deserved yet shameless plug for being awesome!) Madison and I spent two days making about 8-9 dozen cupcakes, and my wonderful councilors each brought another two dozen (one brought another 6 dozen as well), so we pretty much had cupcakes coming out our ears for a super fun cupcake walk! We had a fishing pond, potato-sac races, face painting, a cotton candy machine (thanks again to my parents who bought that for us and the girls... it is AWESOME!), about 6 "trick or treat rooms" that families were kind enough to set up, decorate, and hand out candy to the kids, and the ever wonderful and funny doughnut eating contest!
Since Cory had to teach that same morning/afternoon over in Portland, he stopped in to pick up 12 dozen original glazed krispy kreme doughnuts that we had ordered early that morning. You've not experienced a party till you've strung up a rope about 50-60 feet long, with twine hanging down every couple off feet at different lengths, then attaching doughnuts to the end and making everyone race to eat a doughnut without using their hands. Hilarious. Not only did we have little kids lining up to play, but teens and adults. It was all good fun and pretty dang funny to watch. I managed to snag a doughnut straight out of the box as I was running the activity and therefore couldn't get in the actual game myself. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)
Anywhoo, we had TONS of fun, and TONS of good food... it wasn't all sweets, though there was certainly enough of those to go around. We also had a chili cookoff, with prizes for best all around, hottest and vegetarian. It's kind of a good thing my costume consisted of two corsets because otherwise I think I would have pigged out on everything there! As it was, I managed to sample a little bit of everything, which made for a happier tummy anyway.
Here are a couple images from the evening of our girls, but you can see the whole gallery HERE. I think this was one of the few times where I thought I took more images than I really did. Guess it was because we were just having too much fun... which is the way it should be!





No comments:
Post a Comment