Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Family Beach Day

So it's been a while since I've posted over here on the personal blog. I've been doing pretty good about keeping up posts on the business blogs, but not so good here.

I've been begging Cory to go on a trip to the beach for a few months now. We finally got it to fit into our schedules this last weekend. I was planning on doing sunrise and then sunset photographs at Cannon Beach, Oregon. We ended up leaving the house at about 4am to make it in time for sunrise. We managed to get to the beach just before the sun started coming up. Unfortunately, it was so cloudy and foggy out you couldn't hardly see anything! I wanted to cry. Or scream. Whatever helped. This also happened to be the first time any of the girls had been to a beach, or to the ocean, so their excitement quickly filled the void of no stock photos for me.

We played for a few minutes in the early morning haze and decided to go back into Cannon Beach main town, where we saw a bakery. HOLY YUMM! We snarfed up all the goodies so fast, there was no hope in grabbing photographs of anything. Said yummies included a cinnamon roll, apple cider and maple doughnuts, apple fritters, cream horns, and a couple different scones and danishes.

Next we jumped back into the car and drove farther down the coast to Tillamook, where we got to tour the factory and sample some yummy stuff! Cory treated everyone to some fresh ice cream afterwards, and we jumped back in the car to head towards Rockaway Beach, where we played in the sand and hunted for shells. The girls ventured out into the water with Cory and consequently got bowled over by a rogue wave that combined with another big swell that came out of nowhere. Madiie, being the shortest, hung ten on the giant wave, and took a scuba diving trip in the sandy water. Cory managed to fish her out without any trouble but she was COVERED in sand. It definitely gets in ALL the cracks.

We managed to get all packed up and washed off with mommy's bottles of emergency water. Yay for being prepared! Then we headed back into Portland where I had an awesome concept shoot for L'Attrait Salon. Those pictures will be coming soon and available on the Derico Photography Blog.

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites from the day, and the full gallery can be viewed here: Family Beach Day 2012








1 comment:

ANeibaur said...

Aww how fun! I'm still super jealous that you live by the beach... or mostly by it. ;)