I'd like to think of myself as an avid reader. Really, with three small children in my home, and being the owner of a bustling small business, I still don't read as much as I would like. Mostly I like fantasy or suspense novels, but I'm open to most anything that sounds interesting.
I recently had the opportunity to read Monarch, a novel by Michelle Davidson Argyle. I was pleasantly surprised, and completely engrossed with her spy-thriller. When one thinks of CIA operatives, more often than not, a James Bond-esque character probably pops into their mind. I went into Monarch ready for spies, espionage, and a healthy amount of fast paced action. Argyle definitely did her homework for this book. She was able to cast off the Bond persona and introduce me to a real live human being- a working man, a caring father, a passionate lover, fighting for his life and those dearest to him.
Monarch is fast paced from beginning to end, full of action, suspense, romance and mystery. Argyle takes great care in the details of her characters and their individual stories. She describes things in a manner so vivid you can almost see the story playing out before your eyes. Once I started, I simply couldn’t put it down. This is SO much more than just your run of the mill thriller. It is the whole package-as every great novel should be.
You can order your copy today at amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and other book stores where available.



1 comment:
Fantastic review! Now I'm even more excited to get my own copy next Saturday :)
Post a Comment