First off, I have no clue what I want to dress as. Well, I do, but as that costume would cost about $10k to make, I think it will have to wait. And what's worse, Cory has no idea what he wants to dress up as either! Double not fun. My girls, however, are very excited. In fact, they can't stop talking about their costumes and begging us to decorate our house. It makes me feel bad.
So. In an effort to get out of our slump, Cory and I have been trying to get us ALL into the Halloween mood. Sunday I fixed stuffed peppers. Not your ordinary stuffed peppers though. These were Jack-o-Lantern peppers. they were stuffed with all things yummy, including, but not limited to, hamburger meat, TONS of mushrooms, tomatoes breadcrumbs, garlic, and different cheeses. I had fun making them, and the girls got a kick out of them. And they tasted divine!
Then we all curled up and watched Hocus Pocus in our bedroom. The girls thought it was awesome that The cat on there was also named Binx. Shh, it's our little secret that we named our cat after the character rather than the other way around ;)
Last night we went to Mask Costumes. We LOVE the new location off Redwood Road and appx 5600 South. Abby got a fun wig for her costume... Rapunzel. Now I just need to get her a frying pan (Okay, maybe now I'm starting to have some Halloween fun). Still no costume for me, so we decided to go to the other Mask Costume Location on 39th south. Highly disappointed. They upstairs of the location is filled with a couple thousand different costume rentals. The girl manning the counter had absolutely NO FREAKING CLUE what she was doing. I told her exactly what price range we wanted to stay in for a rental, my size, and what era I wanted her to look in. Out of almost 3000 costumes, she brought me one that was about three sizes too big, one that was too small, and one that just looked AWFUL. When I asked if there was anything else her reply was "Oh yeah, I have a ton back there!" So my question is, why was she unable to actually bring me something that functioned?!? A few minutes later the excuse was "I just don't know where anything is". In the hour it took her to pull three stinking costumes, four or five other customers came up to find a rental, to which her replies were ALWAYS either "Oh, I have no clue where that would be" or she would produce a costume and say "I don't know how much the rental would be, and nobody else here would know [because she was the only one in charge of the rentals]". Sigh. Cory told me he was surprised I stuck with the costume hunt for a full hour. And I left without even telling her off... so that right there tells you how out of it I am!
Tonight I think I'm going to make some mummy dogs. Specifically, hot dogs wrapped in crescent roll strips. Then since Cory has meetings all night I'll let the girls pick between Coraline or some other Halloween movie. It's just weird feeling this way... normally I am SO amped up about Halloween and this year I feel like an old curmudgeon. I need a Halloween intervention!!!



6 comments:
well, cory could go as a certain demon king again...and you could do a masquarade design and be one of the ballroom people :)
rae and I were being rather nastolgic over the last party we had which was like 3 years ago wasn't it? and the karioke was cool, and the food was great, and it was awesome of you to host it...
I know what it's like to have dreams you cann't afford... but I guess that's why they call them dreams...anyway, go have something pumpkinish...or some other halloween treet, maybe sip some hot chocolate on a cool evening out on the porch with your hubby, and otherwise pamper yourself :) -it'll still be a good halloween.
Little Shop of Horrors... available on Netflix.
Halloween is such a non-event here that I just get depressed. My hubby graciously offers to let me dress up for him and even has some costume suggestions, but they're usually the kind of costumes that would get me arrested if I wore them in public. Bless him for trying to be helpful, anyway. ^.~
P.S. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN! WOOOOO!
Hahahaha! Becca, yeah, husbands are just helpful like that ;)
And thanks for the heads up Stephanie, Cory and I will have to add that one to watch once the kiddos have gone to bed!
Yeah, Mary, we want to do another one of those... maybe next year. This year has been WAY too crazy to even try a simple girls night, let alone a big halloween party.
I personally can't stand Halloween. It's my least favorite holiday of all, but I'm REALLY trying to get into this year and dress up as a pirate. It's also fun to see Darcy enjoying the holiday, so that's helping! I hope you find your holiday spirit, Meghan! I think what I do enjoy about Halloween now is getting together with friends like you guys and the Neibaurs. I sure do miss Becca, though. :(
The stuffed pepper looks like one of the best, and tastiest!, Halloween carvings I have ever seen. What a great idea!
Hope you were able to enjoy your favorite holiday by the time it happened.
Post a Comment