So.... we've all been pleasantly occupied over here, which has been kind of nice. I'm still working on the last of the three sessions edits, but I promise to get links up soon so you can see what I've been up to. Now, off to the Tulip Festival with the girls to meet up with Alyse & Aryn... SO excited!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Checking in
Hello world! I really am still alive and breathing. I've had three photography sessions since baby Kinzie, and we've managed to find a yard under all the weeds in the back. Needless to say, we've all been crazy busy around here. We got two 4'x8' grow boxes built, the rest of the middle tier ( 11' by maybe 40') cleaned up and tilled for corn and other large area requiring veggies. We got two blackberry bushes planted, started the work for a double grape arbor, and got all the seeds started that can't go in the ground right off the bat. There are also two blueberry bushes waiting in the wings to be planted, and two dead trees to be dug up. I was very excited to see that two of the trees I thought were completely dead are actually VERY much alive! I did manage to dig up and salvage upwards of 100 daffodils and a few dozen tulips. A couple gallon ip lock bags were donated to Alyse's garden, so I am happy they went to a good use! The rest are currently being put into brown bags to replant later this year. We're also trying to get ready for the mass house purging. We decided rather than try to hold another failed yard sale at our house, to join up with "Todd's Yard Sale" which is a yearly event held at the E Center parking lot. We've gone to it every year and found some really cool stuff. This year, we decided we'd forgo all the signs and advertising and let the radio station do it all for us :) For $25 (which gets donated to the salvation army) we reserved two parking spaces to have our own yard sale spot, saturday, may 8th. We're excited that we know people will actually be seeing our stuff and hopefully buying it all up! And the best part is that when it's over, the salvation army will take whatever we don't want to cart back home! Score! That's worth the $25 in and of itself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That yard sale is awesome! Wow! And I can't wait to see your yard. It sounds amazing already. :)
It sounds as if you guys are doing wonders at your house. The yard sale thing is cool also. It is crazy, but nice to be busy.
Buuuuuuuuuuuusy!
Good luck with "Todd's Yard Sale"! That sounds like the perfect venue for what you have.
I'm excited to see all the pictures you have been working on, and the ones you WILL take as your yard-makeover grows and matures.
Oh, and would love to hear about how the Tulip Festival went for you today! ;->
Busy busy!
Thanks for coming with us today, it was great to see you as always. :)
Keep up the good work Meg! We will be there to bug you wednesday. :) For real this time, promise... promise promise. If anything gets in my way, I will kill it! LOL
Post a Comment