Thursday, December 31, 2009

Question...


Add ImageWould someone like to tell me why I have a cold they day before I fly out for my much awaited, long anticipated cruise?!? Actually, it's not all that bad. I feel better than yesterday. I am so freaking excited to be gone!! The kids are almost packed and will be shipped off tonight. The camera is being sent in for it's desperately needed cleaning. The cats dishes have been gorilla glued to a wooden board so she can't tip them over while we are gone. All I have left to do is pick up my house (as there is nothing worse than going on a fun filled vacation and coming home to a dirty house), wash the whites, and get out bags packed. Then, tomorrow morning before it is even bright and early, we are off! If, by chance, we have an internet connection, I MIGHT stop to update. No promises though. I fully intend to let this vacation permeate every tense muscle and ocd tendency in my body!

Say a little prayer for us that we return home safe and sound to our family and friends. Love you all so, so much!!

6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

My prayers are with you!

You're not taking your camera? Are you nut?!

Mine needs a cleaning so bad. It's got dust all over the sensor and it's screwing up my pictures. Ugh.

Have fun and be safe!

Derico Photography said...

Yah, same problem with mine. I was supposed to take it in at the end of summer so it is waaaay past needing it. We will take our little point and shoot. I can't go without taking any pictures! But I'd so easily get sucked into doing nothing but take pictures!

Anonymous said...

Tell you? Don't know. Give random ideas anyway? Of course.

There is a chance it is an ordinary cold, which would be a bummer. Or it could be something you ate, which would only last about 24 hours.

Then again it could be that you're at the point where you just want to GO and your body is breaking under the strain.

The good news is that the most likely reason is that Utah currently has the worst air pollution in the US. Why is that good news? You're going to get away from it, and so probably will be feeling better soon!

Good luck finishing the last of the chores. You are almost on your way!

Sincerest prayers you get all better as soon as you get out of the pollution zone, have a fabulous vacation, and return home safe and happy. * Hugs and happy thoughts *

Derico Photography said...

Thank you, thank you Alicia! It's just a cold though, not bad food. I am just all stuffed up. That is food for thought though... I rarely EVER got sinus infections when I lived in San Diego. It very well could be an effect of the horrible air here. See, my sinus' are too narrow, so any time I get a cold of allergies hit me, my sinus' get so swollen I can't get any air in and then I get an infection. Lovely huh.

Anywhoo, I am SOOOO excited! The girls are packed and I am moving on to my house...

Glass Dragon said...

Oooh, a cruise! I want to go on one someday! Get lots of that fresh sea air. That's supposed to be good for sick people. I suppose that's why the English sent all their sickies who could afford it to seaside towns to convalesce.

Anywho, travel safe, have tons of fun, and relax until you can't stand it anymore!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lærke (sky) and Ian said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip and have lots of fun and happy sunny days! Where is the cruise taking you?

Safe journey and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

*hugs* from Lærke and Ian