It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
-Erma Bombeck
Monday, September 14, 2009
Models...
Everywhere I turn there seems to be a new model. Well, not really, but I can't complain that business has been slow. I told you I had reasons for being so super busy the last month or two, so this is my third installment trying to explain away my time. Here is one new models I've worked with, and some of her best new portfolio shots. I really am enjoying working with this group by the way. I've got to combine pictures from one computer to the other, so until then, you only get the one model. So, until then... enjoy (that is not a request ;P )
She is so pretty! Congrats on the model photography! I really like your comp on these, and your lighting, BUT in a few of them she is squinting, which isn't totally attractive. Very pretty girl though, and Meg your doing great even with the squinting (god knows I have issues with that too). LOL Love ya babe! Congrats!
Yah, the squinting ones are smaller on her Zed Card so they are more like filler shots instead of the big 8x10 pictures. The big ones we reserved for the good close-ups.
Just a suggestion, but you might want to have your models try a bigger range of expressions. She's got pretty much the same smile in all her shots. I'm an expert, 'cause I've seen lots of America's Next Top Model. ;)
Ouch, maybe I should have mentioned these pictures weren't up for critique? No, actually, I tried to get this girl to do something different and she only wanted to do what she wanted to do, so this was a take the money and just do what she wants kind of thing. I do agree, I wish she had given me more to work with. This one wasn't really interested in building a "good portfolio" as much as just getting a couple copies of a working Zed Card.
I think the pictures are nice, Meghan. You have some great poses and color! As far as squinting goes - it happens. I always tell people who squint to close their eyes and open them on three when I take the picture. It also helps to have an assistant with a reflector to hide any glaring sun. But, you know, that's always wishful thinking. Hah.
I kind of like her squinting. I think it shows her personality. She probably squints a lot, maybe?
Expressions. Those are tough. That's when I go for cracking jokes, asking them about themselves and stuff, etc. Was there any of her friends with her or anything? That always helps to get other expressions. Then again, some people are just serious and don't crack anything but the same smile for every shot. We're all different. :D
LOL, thanks Michelle. I meant that last reply to be funny, but it just didn't quite sound as funny as it was supposed to :/ Yes, thank you everyone for offering great insight and opinions. She was a squinter actually. Whenever she smiled a real smile and not the fake smile, her eyes got all squinty. I tried all my tricks with her but from the very beginning, it was "I can't do it, just take the picture it will look fine." Then, there was that look. Trust me, I did a lot more pictures than what I put up, I just said those were some of the best. Her dad was off roaming around somewhere while we shot, so it was just me and her and she wasn't interested in stepping out of the box. In fact, that close up b&w head shot was the closest I got to a serious look from her. I did have fun with her though, just because she was a somewhat easy client. Not a whole lot of fixing up to do in photoshop. She had really pretty eyes (when they were open) and nice skin, so that made it nice. Anyway, I am rambling. It's been a long day and I need to go to bed.
I sowwy! I thought the top model reference would've set off your sarcasm radar! My bad from trying to be funny. I shouldn't do that when I'm sleep deprived. >.<
We've all lost our funny touch this week! Where'd it go?!?
Enjoyed as commanded. Would have enjoyed even if only requested. ;->
Really, they are very nice. The second one (first B&W) was very dramatic, a good angle for her. Completely my own opinion, but she looks best in the sharp, professional images.
So It's official, I've dared to venture into the world of blogging. At this point, I am not sure what twists and turns this blog may take, but hopefully it will appease those of my friends who keep requesting I create a space of my own. So here goes, welcome to my world. Along the way you may find that my world is a painting that uses all colors from the artist's palette. What is beautiful to one may be offensive to another, but I do not apologize, because my life is MY masterpiece. It takes both light and dark to make the most stunning pictures.
What an intuitive man Walt Disney was when he said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
And with that, I welcome you again into my world...
10 comments:
She is so pretty! Congrats on the model photography!
I really like your comp on these, and your lighting, BUT in a few of them she is squinting, which isn't totally attractive. Very pretty girl though, and Meg your doing great even with the squinting (god knows I have issues with that too). LOL
Love ya babe! Congrats!
Great job! Nice poses. :D
Looks great. Dont worry about game night. I am sorry to hear about your uncle(??? Jeremy was unsure who) We will all get together soon.
Yah, the squinting ones are smaller on her Zed Card so they are more like filler shots instead of the big 8x10 pictures. The big ones we reserved for the good close-ups.
Just a suggestion, but you might want to have your models try a bigger range of expressions. She's got pretty much the same smile in all her shots. I'm an expert, 'cause I've seen lots of America's Next Top Model. ;)
Ouch, maybe I should have mentioned these pictures weren't up for critique? No, actually, I tried to get this girl to do something different and she only wanted to do what she wanted to do, so this was a take the money and just do what she wants kind of thing. I do agree, I wish she had given me more to work with. This one wasn't really interested in building a "good portfolio" as much as just getting a couple copies of a working Zed Card.
I think the pictures are nice, Meghan. You have some great poses and color! As far as squinting goes - it happens. I always tell people who squint to close their eyes and open them on three when I take the picture. It also helps to have an assistant with a reflector to hide any glaring sun. But, you know, that's always wishful thinking. Hah.
I kind of like her squinting. I think it shows her personality. She probably squints a lot, maybe?
Expressions. Those are tough. That's when I go for cracking jokes, asking them about themselves and stuff, etc. Was there any of her friends with her or anything? That always helps to get other expressions. Then again, some people are just serious and don't crack anything but the same smile for every shot. We're all different. :D
LOL, thanks Michelle. I meant that last reply to be funny, but it just didn't quite sound as funny as it was supposed to :/ Yes, thank you everyone for offering great insight and opinions. She was a squinter actually. Whenever she smiled a real smile and not the fake smile, her eyes got all squinty. I tried all my tricks with her but from the very beginning, it was "I can't do it, just take the picture it will look fine." Then, there was that look. Trust me, I did a lot more pictures than what I put up, I just said those were some of the best. Her dad was off roaming around somewhere while we shot, so it was just me and her and she wasn't interested in stepping out of the box. In fact, that close up b&w head shot was the closest I got to a serious look from her. I did have fun with her though, just because she was a somewhat easy client. Not a whole lot of fixing up to do in photoshop. She had really pretty eyes (when they were open) and nice skin, so that made it nice. Anyway, I am rambling. It's been a long day and I need to go to bed.
I sowwy! I thought the top model reference would've set off your sarcasm radar! My bad from trying to be funny. I shouldn't do that when I'm sleep deprived. >.<
We've all lost our funny touch this week! Where'd it go?!?
Enjoyed as commanded. Would have enjoyed even if only requested. ;->
Really, they are very nice. The second one (first B&W) was very dramatic, a good angle for her. Completely my own opinion, but she looks best in the sharp, professional images.
Congratulations on the booming business!
Post a Comment