For the second time in 6 months, Cory has called me from his work to let me know he has been laid off and is cleaning out his desk. So we've been through this once, and hopefully we are a little better prepared knowing what to expect this time around, but it still sucks... big time. I guess at least this time I have a job to help pay the bills in the meantime so we are not eating so much into our savings, that thank heavens, we were able to get somewhat built up again.I am worried, but not frantic. I just want the assurance that everything will be okay. I feel so sorry for Cory. I know he tries so hard, and the market is so volatile right now that any position in engineering/drafting or construction isn't a very safe bet, but I want him to know I love him and I am so proud of him. I know you will find something love, and things will work out. Somehow.


6 comments:
Guys I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck.
AGAIN!? Oh my goodness. I guess Corey's chosen profession just isn't that steady at the time? This is so sad. If it helps you any, we have NO savings, and we're in debt. It's just lovely. I guess it's good Adam still has a job. Very good. I'll keep you in my prayers. *LOVES*
I know how you feel. Work in the taxis had dried up, and Scott's having trouble finding another job. We're not in debt yet, but our savings is dwindling and there are some large expenses looming on the horizon. Sigh! I'll keep us all in my prayers!
Thanks guys. We're dealing with it as best we can. I'm not as freaked out as I was the first time he got laid off. I think we know better how to stretch every dime to make it work, and at least I have my job to compensate after the unemployment comes in, which is more than we had last time.
So, Becky, any good large expenses looming in the future??? Just trying to find something positive out of this rather annoying day ;)
Lawyer fees and immigration application fees. Both quadruple digits, both non-refundable. If my visa's granted we'll consider it money very well spent! *prays fervently*
Ouch.
Still don't know the right words to say. Hope you can accept my ambiguous well-wishes for getting through this... again. * hugs *
Post a Comment