Tuesday, July 7, 2009

As requested...

So, as requested by Alicia, here is that homemade Cherry Pie. It is currently cooling on top of the stove, awaiting our eager tummies. It smells HEAVENLY! I has smelled that way since I stood over the stove cooking down the cherries and making the filling. Let me just say, it better taste like manna from Heaven or I am NEVER making a cherry pie from scratch again! Don't get me wrong, I love getting into making my crust and putting time and love into my pies, but I have only ever made cherry pies from canned filling with a little added umph on my end before filling a pie. This time, however, we were driving home from swimming at the rec center and on of the houses in our neighborhood had a huge cherry tree, loaded with juicy red cherries, and a sign reading "Free cherries, pick them yourself". We quickly returned home, grabbed a big bowl, and went back for our first cherry picking experience.

I literally had NO clue what was in store for me. I stood and cleaned, pitted, and sorted through cherries for the better part of an hour and a half. While pie is definitely worthy of getting excited about, I am actually looking forward to our own cherry trees maturing so I can make cherry jam... how yummy does that sound?!?

Anyway, here are the before and after pictures of our cherry pie.




5 comments:

Glass Dragon said...

I'm not real big on pie (unless it's chocolate cream), but that does look yummy!

ANeibaur said...

OMG YUM! I will be over in an hour! ;)

Derico Photography said...

Hahaha, it might not be here in an hour ;)

Cory said...

Believe me, Alyse, it is good.

The pie is excellent honey, as is all your culinary masterpieces.

Anonymous said...

Okay, your descriptions (and your pictures!!) were so scrumptious I could again taste the pies and jams in my Grandma's kitchen over half a lifetime ago. She had a pitting machine that was the greatest toy, er tool, because you had to be "grown-up" responsible to be allowed to use it. The next best thing to eating a slice.

Thank you for sharing and bringing back favorite childhood memories! * HUGS! *