So I really have been busy lately. Crazy busy. No time to eat, think, or breathe, crazy. But it's been a good busy. I have a modeling client that I am just finishing up photos for. I really am hoping she (and her parents) like my work. They were so excited just when I was doing the shoot, saying how cool it would be if she became famous and I could be her photographer, the one who "made" her. How sweet would that be?
Then, I have a client waiting in the wings wanting a large, panoramic print of her entire family... and when I say large, I mean like four or five feet wide. YIKES! But she is my first referral... yes, I have been officially referred by a former customer. How freakin cool is that?!? Anyway, it just made me feel good. I am nervous about taking on the job, but I have been playing with photoshop, stitching pictures together to practice so I can actually make a print as big as she wants. I am thinking though, I am going to make my max at about 40-48 inches wide.
Then, I also have a part time, seasonal job working with Kiddie Kandids. I was actually supposed to work tonight, but they called while I was getting ready and let me know they were dead tonight and wouldn't need me to come in. (Thus, the reason I am actually able to update my blog tonight)
Alyse, you would be so proud of me... I finally mailed in my unit one photography project for my long distance education through the New York Institute of Photography (NYIP). While I know what I turned in wasn't my best work, I am still happy to be done with the first Unit. I say it wasn't my best work, because I suddenly became so busy that I wasn't motivated enough to go out and redo my photos, even though I now know a LOT more about my camera than I did when I took the photos I turned in :(
So, while I haven't been getting much done around the house, I have really been taking off with both my photography experience, and my photography business. I think now I just have to find some balance between being a working mom and a stay at home mom.
With all these pictures floating around on my computer, I promise to share some as soon as I finish up with my clients. How fair would it be if you saw the pictures first? Sorry, but I'm determined to behave this time. And I also promise, the Easter pictures are waiting in the wings... as are some fun pics I took in the rain yesterday. And with that, I will leave you wanting more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
More! More! I want more! :D
Also, todays verification word is an actual word! Zester! That's the very first time it's actually spelled something! Just thought I'd share that. :P
Yay! I look forward to seeing pics, Miss Busy. I think it's great how much you are doing and how far you're getting! And referrals... it all starts from there. This is fantastic. :D
Meghan I am so proud of you! For everything! You sure have taken on quite a load there haven't you?!
Your doing super awesome!
I can't wait to see all of your photos! You sure know how to keep us wanting more don't you! LOL
Hey-I don't know if this would be helpful but when I got my new camera it came with some software called Panorama Maker. I looked at it and it is exactly what it sounds like. If you are interested or think it would be useful you are welcome to use it. I have already loaded it on hywzgcmy laptop. Let me know :-)
Ok-don't know what happened there-lol!
Wow, you have been busy, haven't you?
It's exciting to hear that you are happy and whole, even while being fly-everywhere scattered. That's an enviable talent.
And good for you getting your first unit turned in at school! The biggest point is that you are learning from what you are studying. You can put your polished portfolio at Derico Photography, where it will do the most good, anyway.
If you find balance, well, you'll be ahead of most of us! Please remember to share any tips you discover along the way to help us figure it out, too. ;->
Hahaha, yep Alicia, if I get anything figured out I'll be sure to pass it on.
Thanks everyone! The new pictures are up... well, at least one set of the many pictures hogging space on my computer.
Post a Comment