Monday, April 27, 2009

Round One...



I decided I am just not that into Easter this year. It was a lot of fun. It was laid back. I am not very excited about pictures as I took maybe 20-30 (which is not like me at all!). However, I am excited about the Thanksgiving Point Gardens! I have been wondering for the last 7 years, how they could possibly fit thousands upon thousands of tulips around Thanksgiving Point. This year, I discovered the actual "Gardens" at Thanksgiving Point. All my questions have now been laid to rest.

On my first visit to the the gardens, I was able to go with my parents and my girls. We made it about half way down the first bend of the road and my father went back and rented a cart for us to ride in (for which I was most appreciative!) There were so many people there when we went, that any large scale pictures were pretty much out of the question. I was operating with two children crawling all over me, and no tripod to steady myself, so I am rather proud of what I was able to come up with.

The flowers were simply amazing, and try as I may to capture their beauty, I don't think I could fully be able to do it. That said, please enjoy my first attempts at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens... I went with Alyse and our girls today and had a monopod at least this time... I will leave you to look at this set of pictures while I, myself, go look at what I was able to capture the second time around. Oh, just a side note, I have taken a bit of professional advice, and have begun watermarking/copyrighting my photos as well as resizing them for public showing, as I will be introducing prints and calendars available for purchase in the future.

7 comments:

Cory said...

Very pretty pictures sweetie. I am proud of you.

ANeibaur said...

Beautiful photos Meghan! I loved them all, and way to go on those black and whites :D

Allyanne said...

Wow the pictures are amazing. It looks like you guys a great time.

Glass Dragon said...

I loved the close-ups of individual flowers! I didn't love the black and whites so much. I wanted to see the pretty colors! :P Some of those pictures were definitely calendar worthy. You could totally pull one off! And the pics of the kids asleep in the car had me laughing.

I have a question about the watermarks. I've noticed them on Alyse's pictures. If someone were to purchase a print from you, would that watermark be that large and across the whole picture? Or is that just for website posted pictures so people don't rip off your stuff? Would it be a small in the corner thing on actual prints? I don't know why I care about this, but I want to know! I'm weird. :P

Derico Photography said...

Eh, usually I just put a little one in the corner for purchases... those big obnoxious ones are just so people can't rip off my stuff... I had some available for purchase a few months ago and I didn't have watermarks on them, so the person didn't feel the need to actually pay for them in the end :/

I had so much fun taking them, and I did get a couple good ones again yesterday, which I hope to get up soon. Honestly, the black and white of the trees on either side of that cobble path is my favorite. I had to edit some people out of it, so I think it still turned out rather nice :D

Thanks everyone!!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Looks great! I'm sorry I missed a great time. One day I won't be Primary President...

Anonymous said...

How fun that you got to go with Alyse! I don't know anyone more excited about the Tulip Festival than her.

And thank you for sharing the pictures. By far my favorites were #6 (like #16 they looked like they would go on and on and on and on...) and #9 (very nice subtle coloration, even better than a true B&W). Plus #13 was just adorable. Awww, I want to be that young again and hug my sister on a bridge taller than me!