I've had enough! I am packing up the girls and going to my parents house!
Nevermind the fact that my parents asked me to house-sit ;) They left this morning for San Diego, where they will sail to Hawaii for a 15 day cruise. We celebrated an early Thanksgiving dinner last night before Abby's birthday party. So let this be everyone's punishment for not coming... we had a formal dining table full of delicious food, and nobody here to share with us. My parents made a delicious, moist, golden brown turkey, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, an assortment of different vegetables, fresh sweet potatoes with pineapple and a brown sugar glaze topped with perfectly toasted marshmallows, my homemade cranberry sauce with apples, oranges, walnuts, and a hint or orange, an assortment of freshly made pies, and one huge pink princess cake from Costco.
Anyway, I'm glad they did that as I really wasn't up to doing Thanksgiving dinner this year. So here I am... watching my parents house with three little girls and two dogs as my only companions. Cory is at home trying to make some sense of order out of our messy abode, with a long list of honey-do's. How sad... for the first time in quite a few months, he actually has gotten to sleep in the same bed with me for the last 3 nights... and now I find myself alone again. And right now, alone is a hard thing for me. The only thing I don't like about being a new mom again is how emotional and frustrated I get. I don't have the blue's per-say, I think the blah's would be a better word for it. It's not that I am really unhappy or anything, I just feel lonely. All my friends are so far away, and while I get to talk to them through blogging, emails, and chat, it's still only a computer... not the warmest way to communicate... and now I won't even have my hubby here to give me hugs :(
Cory did take me to go get a driver's license today, but apparently, now you have to have the doctor's forms filled out before they will even let you take the test or do your paperwork. Can't really say as I blame them, it's just that the last time I got my DL I had my test and my temporary card and the doctor sent in his forms afterward... oh well. So we stopped by the doctor's office just as it was closing and hopefully he will get those filled out tomorrow so I can be mobile again within the next few days... this chick needs some serious change of scenery... or at least to be able to get out when I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hey, I don't get to go out whenever I want. I'm stuck at home all day, too, alone with Darcy. I don't have a husband most of the time. Sniff.
And I miss you!
If I had a car, trust me, I would visit you more often. :)
Sorry we missed the dinner. But Darcy would have thrown it all up anyway. Not a lovely thing to imagine. :(
Have fun house sitting! And if those "blues" get any worse, you'd better call your doctor. PLEASE. We don't want a Michelle-repeat experience.
Oh hun, im sorry your feeling lonely. Even with all 3 kids to keep you company I can totally understand how some adult girl time is needed.
Tell me when and I will be there!
With gas prices the way they are I am willing to travel anywhere! :D We need to hang out more anyways!
Love you love you love you!!!
SUPER HUGS!!!
Oh and congrats on getting your DL again. I would go crazy if I couldn't drive around. Truely one of my fave things to do ever!!! I love driving!
I wanna go fast! lol
Yah, dinner is only good the second time around if it's leftovers ;) I just had to let everyone know what they missed. I think if I could just get some good sleep that would solve the majority of my problems... but then if I did that, I would probably pop from not feeding the baby... hmm, sanity or a chest??
I found out my brother, his wife and daughter are still residing in the basement, well, for the most part at least, so I did get some company very late last night and this morning before she had to leave for school, and them for work. That and Cory made a point of calling me a couple of times just to tell me he loved me, helped a lot.
*swallows* You're right, we deserved being tempted beyond endurance by the Thanksgiving dinner description. Ooooooh, that sounds good.
I hope you can get out soon. From the pictures Alyse has been taking the outdoors are beautiful, and a scenic drive could be just the change of scenery (pardon the pun) needed.
Hmmm, I wonder if we could create a fantasy drive? Where we each share pictures and/or story segments of where we would go and what we would do for another girl's day out. Yeah, it's still computers, but maybe together we could be creative enough to help everyone feel better.
It is wonderful to hear that Cory calls. There is something irreplaceably special about a dear one calling just to say they love you.
Post a Comment