Monday, July 25, 2011

What a weekend!

What do Primary Children's Hospital, The Zoo, and Winnie The Pooh have in common? That's how we spent our holiday weekend!

Poor Zoe got conned into a race with Abby down the inclined concrete sidewalk stretching from my parents house to the neighbors above them. Before I could get to her, she tripped and subsequently face planted, instantly producing an almost tennis ball sized lump on her forehead between her eyes. So, I scooped her up and took her to instacare, where we were sent on to Primary Children's Hospital for a CT Scan. We ended up leaving sometime between 10 and 11pm with a slightly concussed baby but thankfully, nothing more.

Saturday morning, we all took our sweet time getting up, eating breakfast, and finally getting ready about 11am, just in time to head for the Zoo! We had a lot of fun there (They have several dinosaur exhibits for the summer), which the girls loved, and Zoe got to ride in style in the rented double stroller with canopy. We lasted a whopping three hours before we were all beat, so we managed to get everyone into our car and go to dinner at the Golden Corral, and stopped by Redbox afterwards, where we picked up Gnomeo and Juliet. We then all piled into our bed while Cory popped popcorn, and passed around our huge bowl, laughing and cuddling the rest of the night away. (Zoo pics to come later this week... hey, I have to leave you wanting more right??)

Sunday we went to church, and got to stay home (normally we'd go to my parents for dinner, but they are out of town) and had us some yummy slow cooked, then broiled ribs, and bbq hotdogs, and a fresh cantaloupe (along with some other yummy sides) that Cory had picked up from the store.

Today we finished up the holiday weekend by taking the girls out to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie. IT was very cute, and the girls enjoyed it! In fact, since it was a little shorter, it was the perfect length for all three (well, Abby said she wished there was more, but it was perfect for Maddi). Then we all piled back into the car and went to Savers. Have I told you about Savers before?!? Well, every Monday night, they pick a tag color. Anything that has a tag with that color is only 99 cents. I managed to score about three bags full of clothing and a super cute large stoneware bowl for $27 and some change. Most of the clothes are going into my "Model Wardrobe" that I am building up for models I shoot with for fashion or headshots.

So... a VERY busy weekend. It worked out nicely, even though we spent Friday in the Hospital. We're just glad out little Zoe is doing better. Within the next couple months the school will be testing her again, but it's looking more and more like Aspergers Syndrome. Madison has her test with a pediatric Neurologist in just a couple weeks, and I'm hoping we get the all clear but still preparing to be sent back to physical therapy again. We shall see. Some days around here are better than others. In the meanwhile, all I can do is remember how much I love my babies and how lucky I am to have been blessed with them in my life, and make sure they know just how much I love them.

1 comment:

ANeibaur said...

Oh no poor Zoe! I bet that was scary.
Sounds like a really great weekend aside from that, and I hope everything works out when school comes back into session!