Monday, May 9, 2011

What can I say?

I haven't updated this blog in quite a while. Life has sure taken some crazy twists and turns. I am officially the graphic designer for PRISteen magazine. I am a photographer with Stars Talent Sutdio, as well as one of their talent scouts. Last year I had NO clue what was in store for me. We were recovering from Cory's unemployment and all the unpaid, past due back bills, we were all having health issues, my photography business was really hit or miss, usually more on the miss end of things... life in general was just a big question mark. 

Cory and I have both dealt with a lot of ups and downs, and a LOT of growing... both in our individual lives, and in our relationship with each other. I can honestly say that so many things have just started falling into place in our lives, and that this is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. We've been blessed with relatively good health. Cory is now among the few in the world with Solid Works Expert certification. My photography business has grown in leaps and bounds. I've successfully launched a secondary business with graphic design and props for photographers, which led me to my new position with the magazine. Both Madison and Zoe have been improving on their speech, and it looks like school is a go for Zoe this year. While I am sure we will have to deal with more problems once she starts, right now I am happy to know her speech is getting better, and we will handle the rest as it comes along. As hard as some days are with the anxiety, anger, and hearing issues, I have a new appreciation for how kind hearted and loving my little Zoe Bear can be, and I wouldn't change her for anything. And that is basically the realization I've come to. 

Everything we've gone through has made us grow in ways we never would have otherwise. For the first time in a very long time, I'm not worrying about the little things. Suddenly all my dreams are coming true, and suddenly I find I'm just happy being me. 

So... I have two songs to share with you. While listening to lastfm I heard this song, and couldn't think of anything better to post along with this. While I'm not a huge Ashley Tisdale fan, I really liked this one. And the second is by Selena Gomez... enjoy, my friends :D




5 comments:

ANeibaur said...

My dear dear friend! CONGRATS on ALL of the above! You all deserve all the happiness you can get, and it sounds like you are getting it by the bundles! I'm so proud of you. Your such a talented person, and such an amazing mommy!
Happy mothers day (late, sorry) and I LOVE YOU TO PIECES!
You ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing a story update!

It's wonderful to hear your dreams are coming true, Meghan! May you be blessed to continue forward in happiness and hope.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

My heart is very happy when I read this post!!! Last year kind of sucked. Big time for us. I'm so glad that things are so much sunnier for everyone this year!

Stephanie J said...

Oh, happiness! I'm so glad that things have been looking up for your family. There's nothing like knowing that your friends are successful and feeling well. You have always been amazing, but now you are getting some of the rewards for your goodness and spunk. <3 Stephanie

Gingerbread House said...

So happy that you are so happy!!! We are so proud of you and Cory and all you have overcome. Love you all SO much!