I thought last year went by fast! Sheesh, this year seems to be going twice as fast as last year. I didn't think that was even possible! Well, I figure I better update since it's been a shameful amount of time since my last post. So many things have happened. We started off the new year, had a couple of photography shoots, including a small wedding I have yet to post (just got the proofs to the bride so look for a little post soon), celebrated my 28th birthday (double yikes!), met with the owner/editor in chief from Pristeen magazine, am since freelancing with them and have already submitted images for the spring edition of the magazine, then, to top it all off, was brought on as one of the designers for the magazine!!!!!! I am so completely excited about this, you have no idea!
With the beginning of the year I also launched a new business by Derico Photography, called Picture Perfect {Photography Props and More}, where I custom design and create everything a business or photographer could need or want. So far I've successfully launched backdrops, satin rosettes, beanies, stork pouches, cocoons, and digital designs such as blogs, logos, watermarks, business cards. I have in the making, removable camera strap covers, small newborn & children's backdrops, card & digital scrapbooking templates, and wooden rocking horses! I started doing this just to earn a little extra money, and man, this has completely blown up! Which, I guess is both good and bad. I find I have so little time to do anything for myself, but at the same time, I can't deny the funds have been a huge help, and I am having rather a lot of fun learning new things and putting my design skills to good use and being pushed to make things that not just I like, but that other people like. Oh, and did I mention I FINALLY got a business license (thanks to my bestest friend in the whole world for convincing me I should probably go legit and NOT get busted by the feds). Yes, I feel very official now :)
So all in all, I find the days blurring together, my children growing up every time I blink my eyes, but I have never been happier in my entire life. I can't believe all the things I wanted are suddenly falling into place, maybe not perfectly, but with a little elbow grease, the pieces of life's puzzle are becoming something truly beautiful to my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Congratulations again on your success with Pristeen magazine! Good call on the license, too.
Whew, that is quite a list of things done/to-do. No wonder the year is going so fast for you. Hope that the rest of 2011 is as interestingly full of new things to learn and do.
Now I want to go do a jigsaw puzzle.
The BEST thing about this post is hearing how happy you are! Woman, I love you! You are amazing! And YAY for that business licence ;)
I'm so glad life is treating you well. You deserve it!
Yay for HAPPY! It has been wonderful to watch you succeed, Meghan. I've been inspired and awed by everything you do on top of taking care of a beautiful family. :)
It's so good to see you having so much success, and I am so glad you are happy. Love your guts!
Yay Meghan--you are doing so much. Hearing about it makes me tired, but I'm sure you'd feel the same about my life too! Congratulations on all your success with photography lately.
Post a Comment