Friday, January 15, 2010

She's got Betty Davis eyes

Okay, well, not really. It's a cat, for heaven's sake. I saw a picture online today that I really, REALLY want to duplicate... so, who better to start my endeavors off with than the cat? Attempt number 1 wasn't an altogether failure, but looking at the two side by side now, I can already see some things I forgot to do or should try different next time. I look forward to trying this out on different subjects, am excited to get past the cat and try it on a human. For all those of you who have never seen our kitty before, here is Aleena in all her glory.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if I understand correctly the first picture is the one you found online, and the second of your kitty Aleena is the one you did?

Very impressive! Almost looks like the Cheshire Cat.

I am curious: Did you get that close and blind your kitty with a camera flash, or is it a clip of a more distant composure?

Derico Photography said...

Thank you. Yes, first picture was online and the second is our kitty. I did get that close but there was no flash. No kitties were harmed in the taking of these pictures ;)

Glass Dragon said...

It was nice of kitty to sit still long enough for the photo.

It's a cool photo, btw. Cat eyes are awesome!

ANeibaur said...

Nice cat eyes! Love the look :D