Thursday, October 15, 2009

Busy...


See, I tried explaining that I really stink at keeping a journal. I just get so busy doing things and I either don't have time to sit down and write or I do but I'm just so freakin tired I don't want to. Well, tonight I am forcing myself to sit down and write.

There has definitely been no lack of jobs to be done around the Derico household. I have still been working 30+ hours at work each week, balancing appointments out of my home studio, and trying to find the time to be both wife and mom. Let me just say, PHEW! I am tired! Business has been awesome! I just finished a newborn shoot and a business card shoot/order, and I have two new clients with appointments scheduled for tomorrow after I get off work for KK. Again, I say, PHEW! I am so excited to be doing this much work, just a little overwhelmed (hence the unchanged gmail status... just in case you were wondering). Cory got a call back from ICU the medical company he applied with a few weeks ago, and pending a clean background check, they said they will be emailing him an offer of employment next week, or possibly even as soon as tomorrow! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! Oh my goodness!

Basically, we've survived 7 out of the 10 months this year with my income alone... well, unemployment played a part, but it equated to being paid about $9/hour, so yah, not much of a comfort zone. Our savings is basically gone, but we have managed to pay every bill on time and not get behind in anything. How blessed have we been?!? I am so excited to be able to start focusing more on my own business now, especially since I have built up my clientele to get enough repeat business.

I was so excited for the new face of the website: www.dericophotography.com and even though there are a few kinks to be worked out, I am so happy with it! I have a boutique I will be doing pictures at, this Saturday, from 1-5, and I am excited to see what comes of it. I just had a small stack of business cards printed, as well as a few different types of coupons to hand out. I have my table setup all planned out, with a videography in the works to have running, and not only will I be booking for future arrangements, I will be running a one day only special at the boutique as well.

Business wise, I could not be happier. If all goes as planned, now that Cory will be headed back to work, Derico Photography will get it's official business license at the beginning of next year, along with, hopefully, a new camera and lenses after the tax returns come in. I have been dying for both a better camera and lenses, but have been doing pretty good regardless. I am so glad we made do with what we had instead of trying to start this business off by going into debt. Despite all the pretty, shiny, very expensive cameras available out there.

I just started my school courses up again, and am excited to hear back about my next two units. I am so grateful I enrolled in NYIP because it really does have so much to offer. I know my photography has grown leaps and bounds since I started, and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow over the many years to come. One of my major long term goals is to have a dedicated studio of my very own. I very anxiously await that day.

Anywhoo, things look like they are finally headed back on track, very much in full force, and I for one could not be much happier.

3 comments:

Cory said...

You are doing very well sweetie. I am so happy that you are happy in your work.
The Lord has blessed us in being able to pay the bills as well as find this job.
I am always here for you. I love you.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Despite pitfalls you're living your dreams, Meghan! It's the most any of us can ask for! You're doing beautiful work, and I'm so happy for you. :)

Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Whahoo! Congratulations on still holding up so fabulously! I can't begin to describe what an inspiration you are to me about choosing to be so positive. You are starting to remind me of Mary, who seems incapable of living anything but a dream-perfect life.

Now that doesn't mean you are supposed to stop talking about when things get to hard to handle, because it doesn't! No way you can still be human without having the struggles, too. That's just the other half of being a friend and getting to support you when it gets too much to do yourself.

Remember that! You're still okay to be human, and we love both the Super Mom and Super Overwhelmed sides of you! * Extra Big HUGS *