Well, we told her for her birthday she could invite some of her new friends and have a party at a Pizza Parlor in Hood River, Called Pietros. They have pretty decent food (which includes some of the best fresh macaroni salad I have EVER tasted), but as a bonus, they have a small area with game (like a VERY mini-Chuck-e-Cheese).
As a family, last night, we started making the decorations (and if you've seen the movie, you'll understand - not sure if the marshmallows are in the original book version)... Marshmallows with sprinkles
And we attempted to make truffula trees out of straws and cotton candy, but the cotton candy I bought was prepackaged and from the dollar store, so I wasn't sure what I'd be getting and it just didn't quite work out where it was in big enough pieces to fluff out for the tree tops. So, after the failed attempt at edible trees, we decided to go into town and bought some balloons. While we were waiting, I noticed some flower vases that were beyond awesome. They are very Seussical. Voila, we have new truffula trees, YAY!
So we had pizza, got to play some awesome games, stuffed our faces with marshmallows, and then...
The Lorax cake. He was really cute. And really yummy!
We had a moment when Zoe's tiredness got the better of her and she was a little sad that her best friends (from Utah) weren't able to join us for her birthday. So, know, dear friends, that you are missed and we think of you often!
All in all, it was a fun day and for the first time in a long time, even though we did a lot of work for fun and edible stuff, we just had fun and didn't stress. Life here in Washington is definitely changing us, and I think, for the better. You can see the gallery of all the pictures on Facebook



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Zoe!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad we missed it this year. I'm so glad she had lots of fun, and that lorax themed birthday looks awesome :)
Post a Comment