Monday, August 17, 2009

Annoyances...

I'm sure you've all seen my facebook postings since yesterday. Long story short, my Grandma, after a rough few months, has been given only a few more days to live. She suffered a massive stroke on Saturday and although awake, is fully paraylzed on her left side and is unable to talk. I put off going down to visit a couple of weeks ago because the infection she has been fighing is still unidentified, and the hospital had released her into home health care. While preparing for my Mother's surprise birthday party on Sunday, I got a call informing me of the status change. While at the party, we sat around and discussed our plans for when everyone would be going down that was able to go down. I was told it would be no problem to find someone to stay with, and even where the cheapest airplane tickets had been purchased.

This morning, when calling for an update, I was told NOT to go to California, that I can't afford it and I should just remember my Grandma the way I do now. Excuse me, but WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! This seriously goes way beyond being overprotective... I HATE it when my parents think I am still 5 and they can control what I do because THEY want me to do or not do something.

Cory and I talked it over, and I am most definitely still going, but we are waiting to hear back on a few deciding factors for when I will be going and for how long. Right now I am just really, really upset that my family would be so uncaring or demanding, or whatever they are going through. Anyway, thanks if you made it through this. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes on facebook. Really, I just had to get some of that out. I have a lot more I would like to get out, but I am trying to behave and not totally slam on anybody. I am just really really annoyed!

5 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Sweety, I am so sorry. My grandma died of a massive stroke last year and it completely tore apart my family. I can empathize, is what I mean. When people are dealing with their emotions they tend to be selfish, and hopefully maybe they are just looking out for you.
Know that we love you and are very sorry to hear about your grandma. Do what is best for YOU and only for YOU. Good luck.

Glass Dragon said...

Family can be weird sometimes (and yes, I edited that). Hang in there. They're probably just thinking of your financial situation and the girls and your job, and are trying to help out in some bizarre and misguided way by telling you that you don't need to go. If you feel you need to see your Grandma before she goes, then make it work. My prayers are with you and your whole weird family. ;)

*Hugs!*

Anonymous said...

From Facebook, I know you got things arranged and are down there for the funeral.

Prayers that today brought you heaven's peace. Love you, my friend.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh my goodness. I've been unplugged this week, so I've missed out on the Facebook status reports. Sorry! I'm glad you posted this, though, so I could stay informed. Don't your parents have the resources to help you go? I would hope they'd try to help you out, but maybe things are tight for them too?

Either way, I hope you find a way to go. Oh, it looks like you're down there now as Alicia says. Or maybe you're back. Man, Unplugged Week has messed me up!

*HUGE HUGS*

Derico Photography said...

Thanks guys. I am here in California, obviously, and just hanging out with my one of my brothers and his family. It has proven very nice in many ways because he is such a sweet heart, and he finds himself in a much similar situation as I do with the family pushing him around. I am doing good though, it has been long but good and we will be heading back early tomorrow morning... after a long day at Sea World today (they have annual passes and apparently a guest pass that's been burning a hole in their pockets) but like I've said, I will have an uber long blog post awaiting me when I get back home.

Love you guys!