Monday, June 30, 2008


So I've finally finished editing and compiling all the photos from my first ever official, paid, wedding shoot. I'll tempt you with one of my favorites, in the hopes you will check out my website www.dericophotography.com, which I realize has been "coming soon" for about the last 3 months, but hopefully, it really will be coming soon now.

What a pain cameras are! Can I just start off by saying that? I had the hardest time shooting this wedding. One of my brand new continuous lights refused to work, every two inches of, well, frankly, whatever I was trying to shoot, was either a new shadow or full out blinding light. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful property, but a photographers worst nightmare! Then, to top it all off, my 55-200mm lens started to go out... yes, my brand new lens bit the dust! This photographer is grumpily sitting here with the lens she hates, waiting ever so impatiently for her lens to come back from Nikon. Oh, that reminds me, see, I guess this blog is good for something... I would have forgotten
to call the shipping place if I hadn't been ranting about it.

Alas, my time for this afternoon is drawing to a close... I hear the oh so familiar call coming from the girls bedroom, "Mommy... I am stinky" Which translates to "Mommy, change my..." Yes, so excited to be having another one... which, by the way, is another girl. Yes, the Derico girls are going for total world domination. At least the dog is a boy right? Anyway, the pleas are becoming quite pitiful so I think I'll be heading off. See ya'll later.


3 comments:

ANeibaur said...

WOW Meghan.. she looks gorgeous! Congrats on the photoshoot... and sorry to hear about your lense. My Nikon 18-55mm lense gave out within the first 2 weeks of owning my camera.. I was so bummed but we were able to replace it. Sounds like Nikon lenses have a hard time. AAAGGGHHH... Hope nothing else happens. :) Also glad that you have a blog... I like looking at blogs! YAY Keep in touch K. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Nice opening! Thank you for the invitation to share your world. Here's hoping you will continue to be inspired to share.

I also appreciate the reminder from Walt Disney you quote on the side: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Thank you.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Didn't I tell you to buy Canon?!!! Just kidding, Nikon is okay, I guess. :)

I love your blog! Keep up the good work, good luck with your lens, and thanks for being willing to share. Now we just need to get Alicia on board.